0 Follow this topic Photo MBAM freezes computer during heuristic analysis

I appreciate your input. I have posted there and (so far) all I have is a sarcastic reference to the correct pleural of virus.

The machine in question is rarely used but kept around when a PC is needed, I have switched to MAC which does not have this issue.

In that topic you need to attach the logs not link back to this topic. The LOGS are needed for any assistance can begin. If you are confused on which logs are needed or are concerned about privacy issues (nothing in the logs can be used against you) just ask.

Edit: just to add this is what is needed to start in that topic...

Log Set 1

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply as well.
  • In many cases the logs are too large to post and in those cases you should attach the file if needed.
  • Click on the More Reply Options button, then click on the Browse button to locate your log then click the Attach button to attach the log to your post.

Log Set 2

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post.
  • Click on the More Reply Options button, then click on the Browse button to locate your log then click the Attach button to attach the log to your post

These logs will help us to see what's going on with your computer so that we can then offer further advice based on what's found in your logs.

Additionally, that OP who has the same issue (without malware found) has the same nonexistant level of "support"

Clearly there is no support here.

Oh & wtf with having to wait several minutes to post? Why punish everyone for spammers when the correct response should be to ban the individual as opposed to making the site stink for everyone???

• Staff

e30cabrio,

David is just a volunteer and does not work for MBAM. The helpdesk is a little backed up but if you have a ticket open with them they will get to you.

As far as an educated guess for your problem. I am not in support so i dont see these everyday to know but it can be something blocking the mbam scan from reading properly on your system. Please reattach your logs here so someone can look and maybe get you an answer quicker.

I submit he is overpaid & should be asked to cease & desist.

Someone deleted my posts & thereby logs from the first thread (where that op has no support either) If over 60 hours is alittle backed up, I'd hate to see seriously backed up.

I must submit this process is atrocious & you should be ashamed.

I now must move from my MAC to that PC to again upload the logs, another inconvenience caused by your refusal to help days ago made worse by deleting my posts.

There is potentially unwanted, or undesirable software on this machine.   

CHR HKCU\...\Chrome\Extension: [dknkjnkhedbanphkkpbpcgoblmkbfhlf] - C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\CRE\dknkjnkhedbanphkkpbpcgoblmkbfhlf.crx [2013-05-22]CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [dknkjnkhedbanphkkpbpcgoblmkbfhlf] - C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\CRE\dknkjnkhedbanphkkpbpcgoblmkbfhlf.crx [2013-05-22]CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [dopemniaeocfenlpnoannaefnhfcjcgi] - C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\searchswitch.crx [2014-03-26]CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [eiimolhnbbbdagljikeckdkldgemmmlj] - C:\Program Files (x86)\lucky leap\eiimolhnbbbdagljikeckdkldgemmmlj.crx [2014-03-26]CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [ogfjmhfnldnajmfaofeiaepghjenbgjo] - C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ep.crx [2014-03-26]

I wouldn't want this programme on my machine either.

Evasi0n Packages

Having looked through both logs, the nature of the extensions and associated files may explain at least some of the flags by the Malwarebytes heuristics engine.

How do we get it to complete a scan?

What further investigation? Do you have a suggestion of any kind?

Looking at the log & finding 5 browser lines & an old iPhone jailbreak that has been in the machine most likely since ios5's jailbreak does not explain what is going on, offering nothing is also disappointing seeing as it took almost 70 hours to get this first look.

Since I am not allowed to post in the other topic i will add this..

Post # 2   Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:47 PM  of this topic you were given the correct instructions to help you. Those same instructions are given in all issues where more advanced specialty tools are needed to be run. You failed to do that right away and now are complaining that it is taking too long to get help. There are many people needing specialized help and not enough trained helpers so it will take awhile in most cases. This is a forum and not a live chat service and most of the experts are volunteers and have lives away from these forums.

Great! However I have now posted my THIRD thread where they looked at my logs and all they did was say I have 5 chrome items that MAY be malware & an evasi0n vile (from the ios 5 jailbreak) that they would not like on their system. (none are a virus, and combined they are not a "massive intrusion" or whatever bs )

Additionally, after being told to create a new thread (not in malware) I did, THEN I was ordered to post anther in malware. The info was in my first post that there were reports of large scale malware in the FIINAL scan (after the first 8 said nada)

I then created the third thread in malware only to find my logs had been flushed with my initial posts.

they looked at my logs and all they did was say I have 5 chrome items that MAY be malware & an evasi0n vile (from the ios 5 jailbreak)

There may be other issues and just need to be a little more ( i know bla bla) patient and wait till the right helper or staff can really look things over and give you instructions to move further to a solution/fix.

As already mentioned, if your not willing to wait, you still have options....

1. You can remove Malwarebytes, request for a refund (depending on how long you had it or when you bought it, you may get one) and use something else that meets your needs.

2. You can always take it to a repair shop and pay $$$ to have it fixed, where here they will help you fix it for free, but you have to be patient and wait until a trained expert or staff picks up your topic and helps you.

3. Lastly, pestering or having a count down of how long its been and complaining is only prolonging you getting help. Most volunteers here would rather deal with someone willing to wait then have to deal with someone that may be difficult or not willing to follow instructions.

It your computer so do as you wish with it.

3. Lastly, pestering or having a count down of how long its been and complaining is only prolonging you getting help. Most volunteers here would rather deal with someone willing to wait then have to deal with someone that may be difficult or not willing to follow instructions.

post-14644-0-35568400-1415850880.gif

• Root Admin

We have offered help many times. You simply refuse to do as asked.

Since you refuse to do as asked like thousands of other users have done and had no trouble complying I will close your topic. Please follow up via email with the Helpdesk and they will assist you.

It really would have been so much easier to follow directions than spend 4 days complaining and not actually doing what was requested so that we can help you. ie. stop posting in the wrong forum, stop hijacking other users topics and post in the Malware Removal Help forum not this forum.

Also your use of vulgar and crude language is against forum rules and grounds to have your account banned. I won't ban your account at this time but please do not use such vulgarity any further in any posts or I will ban your account. That type of behavior is no longer really socially acceptable.

Thank you