Windows C is missing.?

Arnold72

Howdy,

Please make sure you are logged in with an Administrator rights account.

IF you are not the Admin or if this is a business or organization pc, or if you are not the owner, then STOP.

Has to be some kind of quirk.

Use Windows Explorer, expand the "Computer" folder

How many drives do you see besides C ?

I would suggest you highlight the yellow colored line in above and configure it to NOT be monitored.

Then exit and go back into it fresh

Now see what it shows for the Windows on C

System Restore should only monitor the partition with the Windows o.s. installation.

hi

yes im the owner of this computer.

If i understand this correctly am i seeing this because im running in a standard user account.?

Firefox@.yes ive done what you have suggested.to be honest im not sure what i have done.it has turned sytem restore off on a drive.

Maurice Naggar@.i believe ive achieved the same thing by using firefox,s suggestion.

What happens if i go back into an administator account now.?

Thank you.

hello again.

There is another confusion which i have.In the picture,local disk D is usually expanded like Disks H and disk C.now when i try to access disk D it says it needs formatting and does not contain a recognised file format.?

Any ideas on this please.?

Thank you.

post-110561-0-82285800-1347660372.png

What is the D drive?

Any changes made for system restore setting have nothing to do on what is on the D drive.

Is the D an external drive you just hooked up?

How long have you had this computer ?

Is the D drive from an old system ? what is supposedly on the D drive?

• Root Admin

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

I think this is a non-issue and can be ignored.

Nothing wrong with my NB but here 'ya go...

post-14644-0-17387600-1347668884.jpg

It could be something as simple as a non-active partition used for diagnostic software.

It could be this 78MB EISA config partition. There is no drive letter assigned, it is a Ghost, and thus could be the "(C:) (missing)"

post-14644-0-80188900-1347670023.jpg

Hi there,

Ive discovered the D partition is in a RAW state which indicates that there is no NTFS file sytem present.Every time i try to access the D drive windows asks to format the drive..Basically i need a data recovery tool.(preferably a free one.).I dont even know how this has happened.all ive done is recover a system image.

Many thanks.

for what it is worth ...

try performing/posting the items that AdvancedSetup requested .

In addition to CWB's suggestion to follow Forum Admin AdvancedSetup's suggestions...

Also, Arnold72, didn't you recently reformat and reinstall Windows?

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=594697

Perhaps something went awry during that process?

<just a thought>

Yes we have useful ideas, and you can start with posting the logs that were requested by AdvancedSetup in the post above #8

With all due respect i cannot see how posting logs would have solved this.I was perfectly clear what problem existed and a clear solution would have been appreciated more instead of downloading more stuff to generate logs etc.Now unfortunately i cannot reinstall my OS to a factory state which isnt that much of a big deal as i can just purchase an installation disk and i am backed up with images.

I gave the problem and no precise solution was given here.i have scoured the web and still no clear and coherent solution is available.I cannot believe that nobody knew how to solve this or have i discovered something which bypasses everybodies knowledge.

Anyway the problem has been solved and i was getting fed up of different people on different sites suggesting all these recovery tools which could have caused more harm than good and i respect my computer too much to risk it so i sacrificed the data on that partition.

Many thanks to all who tried to help me with this. :D:ph34r:

I cannot believe that nobody knew how to solve this or have i discovered something which bypasses everybodies knowledge.

You were asked to post the logs. In order for us to help you, you must first help yourself by providing the information requested. The logs show very detailed information about the system which could be used to help. It is not clear what the problem is so that is why the logs were requested to help narrow down the problem. Keep in mind that nobody is going to help you if you aren't willing to follow the advice given.