Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 Beta Now Available

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated perfectly for me. Very nice indeed. :)

I see the Product ID, and previously obfuscated Product Key, have been removed from the "About" tab.

I particularly like the idea of the 14-day trial and I hope it shows those sitting on the fence what the PRO version can really do for them.

Would it be OK with the staffers if this thread was moved to the "Beta Testing Program" sub-forum?

Thank you for the update and congratulations to all! :D

It's updating just fine here, on the schedule I had set long before I installed the beta, I did not have to edit or make a new schedule in order to update at all :)

1) The 1.51.0.600 Scheduler fails to display "Starting on" date and time for a "Full scan" entry.

2) When an edit is made of the Scheduler's "Full scan" entry, the "Recover if missed by" field is grayed out, although this field is available on a "Quick scan" edit.

1510600scheduler.jpg

@1PW: What version of Windows are you using? I just tried to replicate your issues but I cannot. While Recover if missed by is indeed grayed out, I so see the Starting on entry and I can edit the start time and date. It could be that there's an issue with your scheduler registry settings and perhaps they've been corrupted.

Please run mbam-clean.exe and reboot, then reinstall the release candidate and set up the scheduler again to your liking and let me know if it still shows nothing in your Starting on column or not.

@1PW: What version of Windows are you using? I just tried to replicate your issues but I cannot. While Recover if missed by is indeed grayed out, I so see the Starting on entry and I can edit the start time and date. It could be that there's an issue with your scheduler registry settings and perhaps they've been corrupted.

This one is my sacrificial lamb, XP Home Edition SP3 x86-32bit system.

Please run mbam-clean.exe and reboot, then reinstall the release candidate and set up the scheduler again to your liking and let me know if it still shows nothing in your Starting on column or not.

I hope you mean the 1.51.0.600 beta version. I don't have the earlier release candidate version.

Will do it now Sam.

Just updated my old AMD Athlon XP test rig. Installing straight over the top as well. Win XP Pro 32 bit, 1gb RAM, Running McAfee Internet Security.

It had been running slowly lately. Straight after updating the system is now running noticeably faster. Prior to the upgrade Memory usage for MBAMSERVICE was around 80,000. Now down to around 23,000. Nice improvement! :)

Hello Sam:

After following your instructions explicitly, (with mbam-clean + fresh install + register) the same circumstances are evident. The fresh install didn't have a full scan scheduled so I added one and the "Starting on" field is a blank. If desired, I can PM the .png if requested.

Additionally as I make this reply, I do not have the attach feature beneath the text area while replying in this sub-forum. However, the .png file I would like to include will show that the "Starting on" field is vacant on a "Full scan" scheduler field.

An exhaustive check has revealed that the IP.B attach feature for just this sub-form is not available to me. Perhaps it's related to my Spam Hunters membership permissions.

HTH