Announcing Malwarebytes 5.0

• Staff

A personal thank you from me to all Beta users who have been here since back in the early Preview and Beta days. ❤️

It was fun for me to interact with you guys and see you catch my bugs. 🤣

Your input and feedback really made MB5 a better product for everyone, and will continue to do so.

We hope you enjoy it!

• Like 11

• Staff
On 2/21/2024 at 9:27 PM, brad03 said:

good work to all those who worked on it including beta testers/staff!

Thank you.  It's been a long time in the making, and there are many folks who have been involved.  The beta testers have been crucial, and will continue to be. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, ChuckOp said:

Thank you.  It's been a long time in the making, and there are many folks who have been involved.  The beta testers have been crucial, and will continue to be. 

it was fun helping and will continue to do so! along with many. 😁 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/23/2024 at 5:15 PM, ChuckOp said:

If there is coming new beta testing. I'm always there to test around. Thanks for the nice feedback for me and other beta testers.

• Like 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, unknownguy said:

If there is coming new beta testing. I'm always there to test around. Thanks for the nice feedback for me and other beta testers.

There is a new beta every two weeks. With MB5 we have a new platform to quickly add features. Be on the look out for changes soon!

Edited by ChuckOp
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainsky said:

So because of the previous beta, windows would delete because it was unrecognized software.

Your reply to that is tell it to run away?

You must have changed some default settings in Windows security. Others are not having this issue.

Have you used something like the configure defender program to modify Defender?

The file you downloaded is safe https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/01f26c4a1b8c3d88fefa89eac3b8111d32a80e8cfa2354cb316c924bef3b7b17

Did you try this online installer as I mentioned in a previous post? https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou

it is safe as well. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/8f0d67741e5bae151c67e274320aff754480e188499be17c08e72cb4fc6fbfec?nocache=1

image.jpeg.e7d91b4da3f99cfeb9ec529a415f96ff.jpeg

image.jpeg.e7f1ef4f834b88b56afbac894cf71dcf.jpeg

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, ChuckOp said:

There is a new beta every two weeks. With MB5 we have a new platform to quickly add features. Be on the look out for changes soon!

Now I'm interested you cant just say that and not spill the beans haahhaha. I have my beta updates always on cant wait!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, matawak said:

is it possible that after updating the malware database, a quick scan runs automatic

As many updates that are released in a day, that will be overkill. If you want that many scans you can schedule them in the premium version.

• Like 3