Malwarebytes 5.0.15.93 more issues.

brad03

Update: i now am having the same update install over and over again the updates appear to be stuck in a "Loop" by continuously installing the same one over and over again. will send over logs in regards to the update loop. 

Edited by brad03
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, brad03 said:

Keep getting these constant pop ups after latest beta install I'm still using the key support gave me should i revert back to my lifetime key and regular VPN subscription? 

Screenshot2023-12-01200832.png.d3f96319b494703499b555aa634666ad.png

same here, with Version 5.0.14.89

Dear Malwarebytes Team, don´t be like Norton.

In the last 20 minutes, I got 2 pop ups allready ... it´s too much.

You could add a button "Don´t remind me again" (or in 10 Days).

I'm getting the renew popups also. Just to clarify things. Do those of us that have been with the beta program by invitation since the beginning need to go back to V4 or will our subscriptions be extended? My subscription shows it expires on Dec 31. Personally, I don't use the VPN so what are my options by then? I currently am using 2 of 3 seats on a V4 subscription that expires in May 24.

Edited by Phxflyer
added 2 of 3 seats used

Updates are ok with me also. I'm getting them regularly without having to hit "check for updates"

Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    23H2
OS build    22631.2715
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0

Edited by Phxflyer

5 hours ago, Phxflyer said:

I'm getting the renew popups also. Just to clarify things. Do those of us that have been with the beta program by invitation since the beginning need to go back to V4 or will our subscriptions be extended?

My grandfathered lifetime license is working perfectly in v5, so my guess is that you won't need to revert to v4.

I only installed v5 on this build, which I clean installed Windows back in August - it's never had MB4 on it.

34 minutes ago, brad03 said:

All i know is i have 2 subscriptions lifetime Malwarebytes premium and the VPN but i cannot use the 2 keys to convert it to Malwarebytes premium hence why I'm still using the beta key they gave me.  

That is because it is 2 different keys. The VPN is a subscription.

The only way to have Premium Plus is to purchase a separate subscription or add a yearly subscription to Malwarebytes to the VPN

Everyone is welcome to use a lifetime key with ver 5 but not have the VPN.

This is just my suspicion on that issue, NOT official.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That is because it is 2 different keys. The VPN is a subscription.

The only way to have Premium Plus is to purchase a separate subscription or add a yearly subscription to Malwarebytes to the VPN

Everyone is welcome to use a lifetime key with ver 5 but not have the VPN.

This is just my suspicion on that issue, NOT official.

hopefully they could find a way for us lifetime users to add the separate sub. 

4 minutes ago, digmorcrusher said:

Highly unlikely.

well in that case ill just have to use the standalone client till 2025 when my sub is up or just go premium plus just to support them. 

Edited by brad03
  • Like 1