Bugs and not bugs in v.5

DJDANY

23 hours ago, Porthos said:

I thought you have been begging all over the Beta section for a premium plus key. Were you finally given one?

no, why are you laughing at me ?

for others to receive, but I don't see them posting anything, when I receive it I will let you know

4 minutes ago, gicahagi said:

no, why are you laughing at me ?

There seems to be a language issue here. I am not laughing at you in any way. The laugh reaction was from 2 other members.

You said many times you wanted a premium plus key but then you posted that you HAVE one.

Those keys were given to only the first early users that were invited to the non-public beta. Even I do not have one.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Those keys were given to only the first early users that were invited to the non-public beta. Even I do not have one.

I was one of the early users. When I first installed V5 it was a Premium Plus, and I could test the VPN. However, after some program update the VPN disappeared. 

I reported this several times, with logs  ... no response from MB staff.

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

There seems to be a language issue here. I am not laughing at you in any way. The laugh reaction was from 2 other members.

You said many times you wanted a premium plus key but then you posted that you HAVE one.

i whant to have key (premium plus for beta testers), i whait but staff not add me in beta testers with premium plus, i whant to test app and vpn and i buy 1 key for 1 year, for me servers in ue have good speed

• Staff

Once again, on this topic.

There is no such thing as "Premium Plus for beta testers". Nobody was given keys since MB5 Beta launched. It was intended for existing Premium users to activate with their own key.

Before MB5 Beta launched, there was a closed "MB5 Preview" program in which a very limited amount of users were given a key to test the Preview build. Those users are the ones that you've seen posting about their licenses.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, brad03 said:

Well on a side note I’m still testing the malwarebytes premium plus with the VPN and it’s been great. 

super, you are beta tester?

you find bugs ?

i whait new version, for me app not start auto, i tried to unistall-reinstall, if i change gui size after close app and start again size not save, when use qbittorent many ip it is report malware 

3 hours ago, gicahagi said:

if i change gui size after close app and start again size not save

That is the way it has been in all versions. Not a bug

3 hours ago, gicahagi said:

when use qbittorent many ip it is report malware 

As for why Malwarebytes blocked QBitTorrent , this is because QBitTorrent , and all Bittorrent software, are what are known as Peer-to-Peer (P2P) applications meaning it connects to many different servers/IP addresses (this is how files are downloaded through QBitTorrent ) and because of this, sometimes QBitTorrent will connect to a server that is also known for hosting malicious content.  This is because servers/IP addresses are often shared by multiple sites, so while what you are downloading through QBitTorrent may be perfectly safe, some of the sites hosted on some of the IP addresses that QBitTorrent connects to may be malicious.  Such connections are not a threat however, and you may exclude QBitTorrent from the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes to stop the blocks from happening without compromising your protection (your web browser and other critical web facing programs will still be fully protected from malicious websites and other malicious content).  To do so, add QBitTorrent to your exclusions using the method described under the Exclude an Application that Connects to the Internet section of this support article.

Warning Below...

File sharing involves using technology that allows internet users to share files that are housed on their individual computers. Peer-to-peer (P2P) applications, such as those used to share music files, are some of the most common forms of file-sharing technology. However, P2P applications introduce security risks that may put your information or your computer in jeopardy.  Risks of File-Sharing Technology

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
On 6/1/2023 at 3:58 PM, gicahagi said:

super, you are beta tester?

you find bugs ?

i whait new version, for me app not start auto, i tried to unistall-reinstall, if i change gui size after close app and start again size not save, when use qbittorent many ip it is report malware 

For the window sizing and torrent stuff, @Porthos's answer above is correct. Add QBitTorrent to your exclusions (at your risk). uTorrent also connects to some weird ad servers for the ads they display, which we block.

What do you mean by "for me app not start auto"? Did you mean on PC startup MB5 doesn't start? If so please follow this article to grab logs for us and upload the Mbst-grab-results.zip file in a reply. You can use WeTransfer.com or a similar service if the file is too large for the forum.

Or if this is not the case please clarify.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gicahagi said:

i whait new updaste for browser extension, it is not compatible with version 5

If MB 5 was an stable version I think this would have been fixed quickly. Just have patience and wait.

If you don't have patience and can't wait, go over to the stable release which is MB 4.

• Like 3

On 5/31/2023 at 1:07 PM, 1PW said:

Hello @FetzBox22:

Have you tried the alternative to Frankfort or Düsseldorf?

Thank you.

just now: I got 100 Mbps Connection and if I use Malwarebytes VPN (my computer is connected with LAN cable to the router)

Germany: 35-42 Mbps

France: 42 Mbps

Helsinki: 41 Mbps

Estonia: 39 Mbps

Greece: 37 Mbps

Luxembourg: 1 Mbps

Belgrade: 37 Mbps

Romania: 34 Mbps

Switzerland: 38 Mbps

London 39 Mbps

Kyiv: 40 Mbps

New York: 34 Mbps

If I use Norton VPN, I got 62 Mbps (long time ago I had 80-90 Mbps).

Maybe, the problem is my router.

Last year I used a very new router, but now - it´s doing the job, but it´s a old router - maybe too slow for vpn.

But, Norton gives me 62 ...

• Staff

@FetzBox22 Something else is definitely limiting your connection.

Did a quick test on wi-fi, and I get much greater speeds (on gigabit though). I actually think i'm limited by my wi-fi connection, speeds would probably be even higher on LAN cable.

The VPN connection is not the bottleneck there.

image.thumb.png.35e347e2676e27bc8b0ad9f099819acd.png

• Sad 1