Lastest Forum Update bugs

Once again Invision has messed-up the Forum interface.  Now when I view the "Who's Online" list, I can no longer see what a user is accessing.  Before I could hover over a member and it would show what they are viewing.  That's gone.  Additionally, before it would show myself logged in anonymously.  Now it doesn't list me online at all.

Example:  The following shows @AdvancedSetup is "Online now" but no longer shows what he is viewing.

Image.jpg.905a3a47fb7f0f0ccc453a8dc41310e6.jpg

As one can see, it no longer shows me logged-in...

Image.thumb.jpg.a400396f9cd0e2c1b9fc62933413bfa2.jpg

Previously it would show that I am logged-in and displayed a "eye" type logo next to my Forum Name indicating I am logged-in anonymously.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and grammar

18 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Thanx @AlexSmith

Another bug is the Thread Starter identification.  There used to be a flag on the account that started a thread noting that person as a Thread Starter (or other verbiage) and that no longer is the case.

Are you not seeing the following?

image.png

@David H. Lipman IPS has informed us the change to how anonymous users appear in the "Who's Online" block on the main page was by design, but not documented in their release notes, to improve load performance of their platform. They also informed us that removing the "viewing" status of the profile hover card was also not documented in their release notes but was by design to support the new Achievements component in 4.6 (we currently do not use this new component by the way). We requested that they add back the later functionality of the hover card in a future release.

As far as the Streams issue goes, that has been resolved.

IPS also fixed errors related to uploading attachments (error 200) and resolved some overall forums performance issues.

@1PW I appreciate the feedback on that, but that is not really a traditional issue per say since the information is still there, just displayed a little differently. One could argue it conserves space with the new format. We won't be requesting IPS to look in to or change this.

• Thanks 1