Brave support by default?

SuperMutant

If their primary executables are still named chrome.exe then they should still benefit from all the same shielding as Google Chrome.  I use SRWare Iron (another Chromium based Chrome alternative) and its main executable is called chrome.exe so it is shielded, at least for any of the Exploit Protection rules which apply to processes by that name (they don't specify paths since they can be changed in updates or customized by the user during installation).

On 8/18/2020 at 4:22 AM, exile360 said:

If their primary executables are still named chrome.exe then they should still benefit from all the same shielding as Google Chrome.  I use SRWare Iron (another Chromium based Chrome alternative) and its main executable is called chrome.exe so it is shielded, at least for any of the Exploit Protection rules which apply to processes by that name (they don't specify paths since they can be changed in updates or customized by the user during installation).

They are naught. At least Brave's executable is named brave.exe.

OK, then it isn't shielded unless they have implemented shielding for that specific process by name, and I don't believe they have.  The same shields/protections they use for Chrome/Chromium should work for Brave though, so they should be able to implement the same rules to guard Brave as they have for Chrome if they are willing.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

I'm not sure but I will ping the Team about this.

Brave Browser Was Exposing Addresses in Tor Mode for Months
https://www.coindesk.com/brave-browser-leak-exposed-user-domain-info-months

So any news on this? It's been 3,5 years and Brave has a lot more users than some other browsers listed.

• Haha 1

• Root Admin

I just heard back from the team. There are no immediate plans to add the Brave browser to the default settings.

Customers can add any app as a custom protected app and choose the category to be browsers so it will work pretty much the same way.

As such, I will go ahead and close this old topic now.

Thank you