Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

1 minute ago, LodeHere said:

Oh well, making mistakes is human after all. I'm sure it will be fixed. No biggie. :D

No it is a biggie... if this is all shutting down as a result of some global cyberattack then Malwarebytes isn't doing it's job.  How can you say no biggie when whats protecting you... isn't.  Well my gun didn't work during the home invasion... no biggie... Ill take it into the shop tomorrow... wtf

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine had been fine until an hour ago, then same thing happened to me. I stupidly uninstalled it using their cleaner, installed the latest version, now it wants my license info to activate it but when I put in the license info the button that says Activate License stays grayed out, so I can't activate it, which means I can't tell if it is working. All other upgrades on this program just automatically put in my license, even after uninstalling it the same way I did now :(

Seems like this web protection problem is a problem that is wide spread so I assume they will fix it quickly and once they do, the activation problem will be fixed by it too.

Edited by Stang777

has to be MWB, since I have auto Updates from windows turned off and it just happened to me too

No need to submit anything its all on their end and we are all getting it so nothing you post will help resolve it about your system

Edited by EliteGeeks

Also have this issue. Mbam premium, windows 10 home. Computer is about a week old at this point, and I haven't downloaded anything aside from windows updates, chrome, and steam (currently running windows 10 1703).  

Woke up this morning to my pc informing me that my MBAM (v3.12) exploit protection was turned off. IT wouldn't reenable. So I did a clean reinstall of mbam and reactivated my premium. Now it's telling me that web protection won't turn on (exploit protection is on though), and it also won't run scans (they'll boot up, check for updates, but as soon as it gets past the updates phase it stops the scan and says "Scan complete")

Just now, dprout69 said:

No it is a biggie... if this is all shutting down as a result of some global cyberattack then Malwarebytes isn't doing it's job.  How can you say no biggie when whats protecting you... isn't.  Well my gun didn't work during the home invasion... no biggie... Ill take it into the shop tomorrow... wtf

I did a scan with my Emsisoft Anti-Malware, HitmanPro, and herdProtect. Nothing found. Plus I surf by default in Sandboxie. So for me it's no problem at al. On top of that it will be fixed within an hour or so. Maybe even quicker...:P

Same issue. Happened approx 15 mins ago. None of the "older" solutions of 'enabling early start' or reinstalling worked.

Win10 Home

Malwarebytes version 3.1.2.1733

The fact it won't scan all of the sudden makes me quite worried.

So I am not alone! I bought MB yesterday and switched on today to find the same. Tried reinstalling. Just in case, I set up a few exceptions so my AVG would not scan Malwarebytes as it worked. No change. Looks like I'm in for the same ride.

I'm on 3.1.2, Win 10, use AVG as well.

Edited by Misterhelpless

I got home not long ago, started my PC, MB's auto updated as usual. And now my Web Protection is off, Also unable to do a malware scan it only scans for updates and stops in no longer than 4 seconds maximum. MalwareBytes has been running smoothly for me for months but is now crippled, i feel something in the auto update has crippled mine.

MB Version   3.0.6.1469

CP 1.0.103

Update Package 1.0.1973

WIN 7 PRO 64Bit

Edited by Nastajia

Same here, v3.0.6 on win7x64 & win10x64, RTP will not turn on, also manual scan will not run!
With continual reports of ransomware leeched from NSA now in the wild, I'm feeling a bit paranoid and unprotected right now...

About to uninstall, and install 3.1.2 to see if that helps...

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed old invalid link