1 minute ago, valehal said:

i hope the repair dudes aren't on westcoast time cause its like 3am here so they would all be sleeping hope there is some east coaster repair people lol maybe its time to sleep and hope its fixed by the time i wake up

i dont think they only operate on US timezones, its a global enterprise, lol, i would hope so at least

afternoon here at the peak of working hours, 

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That the program can be rendered totally useless by some remote server seems to me to be a fatal design flaw.

Have same issue. If I install mbam disconnected from the net it works and will scan. As soon as connect to internet, within minutes the program is neutered

Edited by rgam
1 minute ago, djzeratul said:

I mean, give them some time to respond... this thread was created an hour ago, and it's like 3AM PDT (They are in Santa Clara)

trouble is the bad guys don't sleep

Same problem started approximately 1 hour ago

New laptop 2 weeks old running Windows 10

using Premium

malwarebytes version 3.0.6.1469

component package version 1.0.103

update package version 1.0.1973

web protection off and stuck at "starting..."

tried full scan, lasted 00:00:01 seconds, nothing scanned

Just curious, did anyone else experience a momentary disconnection when this update was installed?   When I had problems with the software earlier tonight, it was preceded by my music stream cutting out, along with a disconnect from the game I was playing

Just now, PaoloRossi said:

Exactly the same here. Strangely only since about 20 mins ago - no problem before. No manual update of anything. Just out of the blue. VERY annoying, as I need to use internet all day and don't wanna do this w/o protection. There was a reason why I bought and paid for MWB Premium.

Do you have Windows Defender as well? WD is actually a very decent program now and should cover you until they get MB working again (which i suspect will be by the end of today)

7 minutes ago, KidwithSmurf said:

Everyone it seems like the problem is being caused by a a new update package which was recently released.

They went from 1.0.1931 to 1.0.1937 which seems to have broken both Web Protection and Malware Protection. This has made Web Protection and Malware Protection to be forced off and if you are able to turn them on, they do not work.

If you try any type of scan it'll finish within 1-15 seconds and if you try to connect to http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ it will say IP protection is disabled.

We just have to wait for a new Update Package or the new one to be reverted back to the working one.

Thanks for this info!

59 minutes ago, LPM_Molly said:

Me too!  After major problems on previous install making version 3 unuseable, I went back to version 2 last year and monitored the forum. When i saw that a new version 3.1.2 was released I relented and installed it a few days ago. Now I'm getting this problem of protection settings turning off and won't start (just says "Starting" all the time) Why oh why did I not just stick with the version that works...  version 2.

personally I miss version 1.65... I liked that interface....

Edited by cybot
Just now, GavinP said:

Do you have Windows Defender as well? WD is actually a very decent program now and should cover you until they get MB working again (which i suspect will be by the end of today)

Yes I do. And actually I have no other choice to only trust WD as I must keep working...not a good feeling though.

3 minutes ago, Maggiemar said:

i dont think they only operate on US timezones, its a global enterprise, lol, i would hope so at least

afternoon here at the peak of working hours, 

good point! and oh that timing is even worse.. 

Well, the activation I mentioned in my previous post (which I cannot edit to remove that part, lol) finally worked, so maybe that had nothing to do with this issue, but real time protection is still off like it is for everyone else.

Just posting this since the activation I mentioned before is probably unrelated

Me too tried everything:

Win 10 x64 all updates, using win defender 

MWB  Premium

Version 3.1.2.1733

Component pkg: 1.0.122

Update Pkg 1.0.1973

Scans for 1 second and quits

Web protection was off, hangs when started

Exploit just won't turn on

Malware and Ransomware protection must be started manually

Early-start and delay make no difference

3 minutes ago, rgam said:

That the program can be rendered totally useless by some remote server seems to me to be a fatal design flaw.

Have same issue. If I install mbam disconnected from the net it works and will scan. As soon as connect to internet, within minutes the program is neutered

That's probably because it has not updated yet until you are connected. 

1 minute ago, PaoloRossi said:

Yes I do. And actually I have no other choice to only trust WD as I must keep working...not a good feeling though.

I know the techs at Google rate Windows Defender quite highly (it's certainly much improved on Security Essentials and earlier MS anti-virus) so you should be fine.

Well add me to the list. I was told that this was the best antivirus protection to get by my works IT guy and I just purchased it 4 days ago and am running it in 
Windows 10 pro and I am having the same problem that the Web Threat won't turn on.

6 minutes ago, EliteGeeks said:

how many  " Same Here " and  " Me Too " then the testers, like they are going to do any good when we know what the issue is, nothing you guys are going to do will help so sit back and relax.

Just need to wait for MWB to bury this patch and give us a new one.

Agreed i think possibly by the next update it should be sorted.

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic