Micr$oft Edge & Insider Preview Build WIN10

Hi,

Just wanted to report an issue that seems to be parallel to issues that MBAE users have experienced.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview build 14986 + MB 3.0.4.1269.  I checked for updates to MB, none found.

If I have exploit protection enabled, Micro$oft Edge browser hangs and will do absolutely nothing.  Disabling protection for Edge solely does not fix the problem, I have to disable all exploit protection to get Edge to work.

I suspect it is in one of the advanced option blocks, but not sure where to begin.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Hi mrtee, 

With the release of MB 3.0, MBAE goes into a perpetual beta program for testing. As you might know, the fix for Kaspersky is in MBAE beta and will soon be integrated into MB 3.0 as well. Until then, Please turn off Anti-Exploit Protection in MB 3.0. For more information, please take a look at the links below. Thanks for your patience.

2 hours ago, Schnati said:

Hi there,

same here, in addition it blocks Chrome.

BR

Michael

I have 0 issues with the following browsers:

• Vivaldi    1.5.658.56 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
  • Opera Developer Version: 43.0.2431.0 - Opera is up to date
  • Opera Beta Version: 42.0.2393.78 - Opera is up to date
  • Opera Version: 41.0.2353.69 - Opera is up to date
  • Internet Explorer version: 11.1000.14986.0
  • Google Chrome Canary Version 57.0.2945.0 canary (64-bit)
  • Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.75 m (64-bit)

Only Microsoft Edge 39.14986.1000.0

1 hour ago, AlexSmith said:

Is anyone here running Kaspersky on their system?

I do not use Kaspersky.

I only have MB3 and Defender on this test machine.

I am on Windows 10 Pro x64, but not in the Insider program, and Edge is working fine with AE for me. Only issue is Chrome which at the moment is either Kaspersky or a new bug. Could it be that something in the newer Insider builds, which will include a different version of Microsoft Edge, is the cause?

Here I was blaming the problem with Microsoft Edge on the Build but saw a comment in the Feedback Hub about Malwarebytes so decided to play around.  Disabled all protection and then enabled one-by-one.  When MBAE was enabled, Edge stopped responding.  Like John L. Galt, also using Windows Defender.

Hi, Corrine, ltns :)

I was unable to find any solution other than disabling AE part of MB3 to make Edge work.  However, since I only use Edge to test as a new IP build is released, it's not a deal breaker for me and I keep the AE part enabled b default, only disabling it when I want ot test something in Edge (such as a new extension).

51 minutes ago, Ried said:

Thanks. :)  If you ever get bored and feel like trying that, I'm sure the Devs for AE would really like to know if that works, or if the only recourse is to completely turn off all AE protection with this Insider build

Yeah, I'm almost done building the VM I will use to test and see what does work and what does not.

Hi,

short update from my end. Windows 10 (NOT on insider preview) latest patch level, Sophos Endpoint protection installed.
Malwarebytes 3.0 will crash my browsers (Chrome, Edge and IE) regardless what I turn off or configure within AE (with reboot).
Another issue I recognized during testing was missing pictures on nearly all websites like Amazon, CNN etc.

At the present minute Malwarebytes 3.0 leaves me with the impression that it is still more beta then production and opening an a ticket with
the support did not help to solve the situation. So now I am left with a non working 2nd layer of protection and the (paid) software does work as expected.

Michael