Micr$oft Edge & Insider Preview Build WIN10

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Edge working in 15007 fine and with all options in MBAM turned on and no exclusions.  Try looking at the notes for the 15007 build as it references deleting a folder within this directory - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum.

I had issues with Edge until I removed that subfolder then it seemed to work good again.  Even the Settings option was crashing Edge.  Not sure what this folder is for but it is in the Known Issues list for 15007.

Hopefully this helps otherwise turn off the Anti-Exploit within MBAM and download the standalone latest Beta release.

I had to remove MBAM today as it was causing issues in Outlook 2016 making the Office Installer pop up all the time and not letting a Repair run properly of Office 2016.  After removing and rebooting everything worked fine and I have enabled Windows Defender for now until the issues within MBAM are addressed fully and a new patch comes out.

Got Preview build 15014 today in my X64 system.

MBAM wanted to update again today, after the update,  and I still got build 3.0.5.1299!

Also still the Anti Exploits option  needs to be switched off in order the have Edge starting up and opening up correctly with the new build

The release notes for Build 15007 do mention there is some known issues re Edge browser.

Some websites in Microsoft Edge may unexpectedly show “We can’t reach this page”. If you encounter this, please try accessing the site from an InPrivate tab.

That stated, I am running build 15014.1000  with Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1458

I had to turn off a number of Cortana options off so that Edge could be used in more normal way.  Edge is working.

One also has to state, none of my other browsers have had issues all along.  { Not I E, not Firefox, not Chrome, not Pale Moon }

New Issue:  Not continuing the current MBAM license during update from build 15007 home   to build 15014 home

On my tiny32 bits tablet I was running MBAM 3.0.5.1299. After the update I had to reactivate my license( 2nd machine)  and notice the MBAM version said 3.0.0 and not 3.0.5.1299

When I attempted to  activate again with my license code and ID code  I got the message that IO had exceeded the number of licenses. That's  not true anyway!

Updated manuale again to 3.0.5.1299 but not yet activate with my valid license key again.

Edit 2: Due to the fact that I had to switch of Anti Exploit on my x64 system (Edge is not working OG again with that option activade on MBAM 3.0.5.1299) I reinstalled MBAE again and noticed a familiar ID. So I checked that license code and yes MBAM 3.0 is running on my MBAE premium license code at the moment. Weird but true!

Just some added tips:  If any here are on Windows 10 Insider Previews:

If you had been using the stand-alone Anti-Exploit  (1.0.9 xx)  or the beta anti-ransomware, uninstall those first.

and you should be installing version 3.0.6.1458.     See this link

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Corrine said:

Hi, Soozy. 

Just launch Malwarebytes, click Settings and scroll down to Windows Action Center.  Change the setting to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".  Restart and you're good to go.

TY TY TY I guess I never scrolled down far enough to see that or if I did I didn't realize it would turn Defender back on.  Lesson learned.