Malwarebytes chat room

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be in favor of one for general chat, but not for one to request help in, as this introduces "jumping in front of the line" ideas that we probably do not like to promote.

I don't have any control over the site so I have no means to implement this.

Robert?

Makes sense to me, and I agree.

I personally feel that there was nothing wrong with your post and that performing a regular backup of ones files and/or harddrive is definitely a good practice to get into!!
My answer reads -

"I do not think it requires an answer , maybe a comment , but it is not a problem you are having" - And he responded with

"I agree that I did not have a question, and so no response was necessary" -

Neither of us said there was anything wrong with the post ?????

and now Back to "Chat Rooms" - I still agree with Coupsn

I think the forums are sufficient I doubt that many people would sit in a chat room.
You can have Myspace Facebook Twitter etc. etc. if you want these things and MBAM has Both F/B and Twit -
Games

The real reason why computers were invented and why they constantly need new hardware

Another subject also already covered by another forum that we do not actually have a need for here -

Just to show that these subjects are already covered in other forums , if you want them -

can you just imagine what the chat room would be like compare to this topic being off. I belong to a chat/voice rm and after while it gets like really boring, especially when one is working on different help/security forums. so I say good luck in your MBAM chat rm endeavor. :P

Have to say I agree with Sho-Dan.

Not necessary in my personal (not company) opinion and many members seem to drift off topic these days (not just here but in other threads I'm noticing) between trying to correct each other and apologizing on the other hand. Our real purpose of the forum is to help with running the program, keeping people from getting infected in the first place, and if they do, helping get them cleaned up.

If you guys really want it, maybe it should be opened to honoraries and other regular members with more expereince?

As Tedvim said, "there are a lot of things that need to be discussed before it can be a reality."

I am with sho-dan and Jacktivity, IMO I think the time spend monitoring something like this would be too hard, and the time can be used elsewhere with better results.

People tend to get off topic, and no matter how nice you ask someone to follow the rules, they get offended and things get out of hand, I have been in other forums and this happened and due to that I have to say it was sad to leave but I could not put up with it any longer.

I am with sho-dan and Jacktivity, IMO I think the time spend monitoring something like this would be too hard, and the time can be used elsewhere with better results.

[...]

I agree 100%, Firefox (and sho-dan and Jactivity) with all those reasons and people, who DON'T want a chat room. Besides; those that DO want a chat room can set up a group on most any IRC server and pass along the channel, etc, to those that want to chat. :P

@firzen - It only took 4 days for him to hit my IGNORE list. :)

~Shy

Hi folks,

the time has arrived - after several severe warnings about all the flames here I am forced to close the Off Topic forum. I am very sorry to do this but I do not see any other alternative. I think this was quite unique place on the Internet where friends can meet and discuss different stuff. Unfortunately, sometimes I feel like it is a kindergarten.

From a well known A/V forum (in top 5 , I would say) that attempted this for over 6 months - It was just a Chat type room -

You must have it fully moderated at all times and be able to remove all and any posts that are considered not suitable -

They had a go (good idea at the time) but it proved not to work - You can not speak openly and it MUST be fully supervised at all times -

Many of us would eventually get a warning (thanks for puting me on notice boss) and therefore I and others could not use it openly -

irc chat is a great idea if the admins here appove i can get them one set up on geeksheds irc network.
Rocky already said he could create a room for you. It doesn't have to be named MalwareBytes or be an official MalwareBytes chat room.

Rocky might even moderate it for you.

Most of us that work multi sites like I do, don't really have time to chat.

I doubt you're going to get any Admin from here to moderate it as they are way to busy doing what they need to do.

Most of us that work multi sites like I do, don't really have time to chat.
I think it totally depends on how busy each person is. Some have many free time to spend, some have not.

I can only talk for myself: I am job-less, so have way too much free time on my hands, which I spend at a few forums and leaves me time for IRC as well. However, I can well imagine that for many it would be simply too time consuming as LDTate explained.

IRC moderation is not necessary the same (or done by the same people) as site moderation. IRC uses operators and super-operators (or admins) that can kick or, if necessary, ban users that do not behave easily, unlike on forums.

The rules are basically: behave, be polite, do not offend and you'll be okay (putting it simple of course, every channel has their own set of guidelines). :)

I've been using IRC in some form since I was about 13 years old and I'm now 26. IRC's benefits are great in that it provides a platform to chat live with other people and get immediate feedback if someone is available. However, IRC can be time consuming and counter productive as well as you are constantly monitoring the chat instead of doing the things you need to.

My opinion on a chat room for MBAM? I think it would be nice to have but it isn't a necessity. Productivity would not increase over having just the forums. I believe it would just be a vehicle to get to know others from the forum a little better to be honest. I'd prefer the staff focus on the development of MBAM over having a chat room any day but I'm sure there are volunteers like Sean (therock247uk) who would help out.

Regards,

Keith