Forum Stalls When Posting

Is anyone else having a prob where after hitting Post New Topic or Add Reply that Firefox seems to sit there with the spinning cursor and not posting?

Hitting refresh seems to get it posted but it stays on the Add Reply page for the poster.

Yes -

Lags when posting a reply (most times) - The MBAM Tab (I.E) "swirls" so you know it is going down , but still lags -

Tracert to IP was fairly good -

I don't know if this is just me, but once in a while (not all the time) I'll look in a thread that I was in and I see no reply then like 10 minutes later I see they replied 7 minutes ago according to the time on the post (just an example).

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and also if it was normal? I just think its kind of odd. I checked the time on my computer and its the same as the time on the board

GT500 left an IP tracert to follow -

So far I didn't experience any problems when reading/posting on our forums when using my laptop at home but here at the office it's terrible (we are not allowed to download anything so I can't run the tool provided by GT500).

• 2 weeks later...

@ Haider -

GT500 left an IP tracert to follow -

The "tool" was just an IP to tracert and check basic connection - It was not a repair tool -

It is only because some where not having quite as much trouble with replies and he asked for us to trace route the base IP -

From memory it was in Hon Mem area -

Regards -

Mona7865 has replied faster than my reply could hit the panel -

I don't know the forum software so if these are dumb questions...

Does the software automatically optimize the databases and compact them on a regular basis?

Is there a hard limit on number of users or number of total posts?

Is the Forum "machine" a standalone or is it part of daily operations on the business side as well?

note: What's odd is QUICK EDITs on an existing post go thru instantly - it only seems to affect new posts.

note: It doesn't seem to get better or worse-than-usual no matter the time of day.

And I thought running BBS software in the '80s was a pain. :)

What IS nice is one can post and then go to the bathroom or refill the beverage or go to the icebox and pop a new brewski after hitting ADD REPLY and come back and finally see it's done. :) :)

~Shy

PS: All the slowness seems to be ON the Forum machine so I'm trying to understand what TRACERT would show one way or another - :)

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]

Copyright

So far I didn't experience any problems when reading/posting on our forums when using my laptop at home but here at the office it's terrible (we are not allowed to download anything so I can't run the tool provided by GT500).

Mona; If you can run a COMMAND PROMPT at the office you can run TRACERT which is built-in to the OS (and you don't have to download anything. :) )

USAGE: tracert malwarebytes.org

As an alternate, install GT500's program on a USB Flash Drive, plug THAT into your work computer, and run it off the flash drive. :)

~Shy