Planned features for 1.45

• Root Admin

We apologize for the delay in releasing the upcoming version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, 1.45, but our developers have been busy working on a variety of additional features. Here is a preview of what we plan to add in the upcoming release.

1. A new scheduling engine for our customers. It will feature realtime updating, more finely-grained scheduled scanning/updating, and a streamlined interface. It will also be able to run "flash" scans.

2. Compatibility with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for our corporate customers.

3. A brand new advanced heuristics detection module that will be integrated into both scanner and protection module.

4. Integration of IP blocking options and other customizable policies into the main program interface as requested.

5. Heavily improved command line interface allowing customers to scan and remove automatically and silently.

6. A rewritten updating module that will hopefully limit the common errors users have been seeing. More changes will follow server-side.

7. Full proxy support, including authentication and integrated into the GUI.

8. Countless minor bug fixes and various optimizations.

Please note: although we do not expect it to, this list may change prior to the release due to unforseen cirumcstances including development issues.

Our expected release date is sometime during the middle of March, however that is subject to change.

Edit: added proxy support and expected release date.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification :)

One more question,

Heavily improved command line interface allowing customers to scan and remove automatically and silently.
is this for everyone or just corporate/tech customers? And is this via a command you type in or can it be set from the program interface itself.
1. A new scheduling engine for our customers. It will feature realtime updating, more finely-grained scheduled scanning/updating, and a streamlined interface. It will also be able to run "flash" scans.

4. Integration of IP blocking options and other customizable policies into the main program interface as requested.

Looking forward to these. :)

• Root Admin
is this for everyone or just corporate/tech customers? And is this via a command you type in or can it be set from the program interface itself.

We have made many modifications to the command line interface for both customers and free users alike. However, the silent removal will be a registered feature only as it unlocks other functionality as well :).

• Root Admin

As an example. Lets say you downloaded a 2MB database today and tomorrow we added say 10K of additions, then you would only need to download that 10K instead of the entire 2MB+ the new 10K

Not that I've been doing this for a long time but I was playing with computers when this came out (and glad we had it due to slow modems back in the day) and it basically describes the idea as well, just a little different issue with how our data is structured and how it needs to be managed to allow it.

Zmodem

Back in early December, I wrote: "I'd LOVE to have an option that permits me to say I don't want to see the logfile if the scan is clean. If that's too hard to do, then I'd settle for an option not to see the logfile at all, and on those infrequent occasions where I need to see it, I can open it manually." You (RubbeRDuckY) responded: "We are hoping to implement this shortly. Probably not in 1.43 as that will be a bugfix release, but in the version following that." I don't think it made it into version 1.44. Will it be in 1.45? Please???