Planned features for 1.45

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take care, there have been a few stories in technology news recently where apparently people have patented one or more techniques for incremental update of a database such as yours. A design that you consider obvious could turn out to be someone else's "invention" and protected by law - at least so that they could sue. (But not necessarily win, if the invention IS obvious. But you don't know till you get to court.)

And presumably anyone holding such a patent is on active lookout for software products using or introducing an incremental update process.

Even if they're in the wrong, they can hurt you. And right or wrong may not be the only thing that matters in a lawsuit, anyway.

So, good luck with your new features - but take care...

1. A new scheduling engine for our customers. It will feature realtime updating, more finely-grained scheduled scanning/updating, and a streamlined interface. It will also be able to run "flash" scans.

4. Integration of IP blocking options and other customizable policies into the main program interface as requested.

I'm looking forward to these changes. Good going guys. I just bought your program and I'm looking forward to this update.

We apologize for the delay in releasing the upcoming version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, 1.45, but our developers have been busy working on a variety of additional features. Here is a preview of what we plan to add in the upcoming release.

1. A new scheduling engine for our customers. It will feature realtime updating, more finely-grained scheduled scanning/updating, and a streamlined interface. It will also be able to run "flash" scans.

2. Compatibility with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for our corporate customers.

3. A brand new advanced heuristics detection module that will be integrated into both scanner and protection module.

4. Integration of IP blocking options and other customizable policies into the main program interface as requested.

5. Heavily improved command line interface allowing customers to scan and remove automatically and silently.

6. A rewritten updating module that will hopefully limit the common errors users have been seeing. More changes will follow server-side.

7. Countless minor bug fixes and various optimizations.

Please note: although we do not expect it to, this list may change prior to the release due to unforseen cirumcstances including development issues.

Awesome! Personally I love the RDP - per user vs. per computer - compatibility. That will certainly increase my aff. sales.

Thank you.

To whatmeworry:

I thought you could check the second option in settings then the log file will not show at all. Maybe Im not understanding what you mean?

Hi, John. No, the second option is "Automatically save and display logfile after removal." I WANT Malwarebytes to save logfiles and to display them if something was found. What I do NOT want is to have it automatically insist on showing me the logfile when the scan was clean. After all, MBAM has already told me that no malicious items were found. There's no point in showing me the logfile under those circumstances. And Marcin had said several versions ago that this feature (not showing logfile on clean scan) would be incorporated into MBAM. I was hoping by now it would be there.

What I do NOT want is to have it automatically insist on showing me the logfile when the scan was clean. After all, MBAM has already told me that no malicious items were found. There's no point in showing me the logfile under those circumstances. And Marcin had said several versions ago that this feature (not showing logfile on clean scan) would be incorporated into MBAM. I was hoping by now it would be there.

Actually there is a point in showing the logfile when the scan is clean... at least for some of us who experience the problem of the scheduled scan not running as scheduled. The log file is proof that the scan did run. I can look in Windows Task Scheduler, but that isn't always reliable either.

I do understand your point, and I would agree with you if MBAM would incorporate a simple Last Scan feature like Prevx has. In a glance, I see on the main UI how long ago the last scan ran, the duration and the number of files scanned. Better than MBAM's present system. Unless it's already there and I've missed it. :blush:

Actually there is a point in showing the logfile when the scan is clean... at least for some of us who experience the problem of the scheduled scan not running as scheduled. The log file is proof that the scan did run. I can look in Windows Task Scheduler, but that isn't always reliable either.

I don't have the problem you describe above, since I run all scans manually rather than on a schedule. However, I think a solution that would satisfy both of us is to have MBAM save the logfile but simply not display it if the scan is clean. Or have an option not to display it at all. As long as it's saved, one can take a look if one wishes.