Malwarebytes Beta 5.0.16.97 is available!

icolcear

• Staff

We've just released a new update for MB5 Beta!

You can get the MB5 installer from this link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb5-windows

Just a reminder: You can only get 5.0.16.97 by going into Settings -> General and enabling the "Beta updates" toggle.

Changes: Various stability improvements, crash fixes and minor bug fixes.

We left a holiday present for you somewhere in the app, try and find it!
V2hlbiB0aGUgY2xvY2sgc3RyaWtlcyA1LCBpdCB0dXJucyBibHVlLg==

Happy Holidays from the Malwarebytes Team!

The easter egg has been found!

Edited by icolcear
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

they did say that early beta testers would be given gifts at the end of the test and release maybe santa will give us gifts at the end of the update lol. maybe in the form of subscriptions my guess lol. 

Edited by brad03
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

They did mention a holiday present in the new beta just released

I found it. It said those that started this beta with an invitation will get a free lifetime subscription for themselves and 2 other members of their family. Thanks guys. I really appreciate that generous gesture.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phxflyer said:

I found it. It said those that started this beta with an invitation will get a free lifetime subscription for themselves and 2 other members of their family. Thanks guys. I really appreciate that generous gesture.

i have not found this and i defiantly was invited to the beta by staff early on. Could it be to me switching back to my premium key and not my regular beta key cuz i have both?

Edited by brad03
  • Sad 1

• Root Admin

Here is a clue to the clue

A rectangular garden has a length that is three times its width. The area of the garden is 192 square meters. What is the perimeter of the garden?

REMINDER:

Just a reminder: You can only get 5.0.16.97 by going into Settings -> General and enabling the "Beta updates" toggle.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information
  • Like 2

• Root Admin

Here is a clue to the clue

A rectangular garden has a length that is three times its width. The area of the garden is 192 square meters. What is the perimeter of the garden?

REMINDER:

• Staff
10 hours ago, Phxflyer said:

I think you are joking, but in case others take this as fact:  That's not true.  We can't give away lifetime subscriptions to groups of folks anymore, unfortunately.  

I think as we get close to the General Availability of Malwarebytes 5 for Windows, we'll get some special for the most active beta users and forum contributors.

In the most recent beta release, we stashed away a little fun gift for those who like to go treasure hunting.  I assure you it is worth the effort.

But if you really get stumped, reach out to Santa Chuck 🎅(me) for another clue.

Edited by ChuckOp
Clarify
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChuckOp said:

I think you are joking, but in case others take this as fact:  That's not true.  We can't give away lifetime subscriptions to groups of folks anymore, unfortunately.

Sorry guys, I was only joking. My reward was getting to try out this new version early on. I did appreciate the chance to do so.

• Like 4