SO VERY SLOW! SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG

Hello,

I have received help here before on about five different computers.  Today, I have my Mom's (she is elderly) laptop.  EVERYTHING is slow. It takes several minutes when turning on the laptop before it's ready to use.  Internet pages load very slowly.  Task manager takes quite a while to load.  Couldn't get the screenshot (snip) app to open at all.  Computer used minimal.  Mom has had problems with her HP printer working when it wants to work for a couple of months maybe.  She basically uses for Outlook email, Facebook, general search/surfing, Solitaire, Word and Excel docs, Acrobat pdf viewer, view/file pictures.

I didn't attempt to fix anything...wanted to make sure I didn't cause even more issues than the laptop currently has.

Attached are Malwarebytes report, AdwCleaner report, FRST and Addition reports.

Appreciate your assistance to get Mom's computer running again.

Thank you, Julie

Addition 230114.txt FRST 230114.txt AdwCleaner[S06] 230114.txt Malwarebytes 230114b.txt

• Thanks 1

Hello @jammin67 and welcome back:

Although both Malwarebytes products used are deprecated versions, the data will be valuable to your helper.

While you are waiting for the next qualified/approved malware removal expert helper to weigh in on your topic, and even though you may have run the following Malwarebytes utility, please carefully follow these instructions:

1. Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
  2. In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
  3. In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation.
  4. Run the MBST Support Tool.
  5. In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced.
  6. In the Advanced Options, click only Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your computer.
  7. A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file in your next reply to this topic.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Hello @jammin67

We'll run some clean up but not sure we can do too much for it. This computer is very old now. Probably the best thing to do would be to do a Factory Restore or reinstall Windows clean.

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies Ltd. P09RAP 11/01/2013
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. NP300E5C-A06US
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Percentage of memory in use: 80%
Total physical RAM: 3795.54 MB

The hardware specs were low even back in 2013

Start by cleaning up Google Chrome. Please follow the directions from the following topic

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you