Can I use my copy on a PC and Laptop?

• Staff
Hi

I have a copy of MWB and paid for a licence. I'm currently switching stuff over from my PC to a laptop and will dispose of the PC once I get the laptop set up.

Can I use my licence on both machines until I get the switch done?

hi.

I don't see how it would take long to transfer things and the system would not require to be online so you can uninstall right off from old box.

Please uninstall the software off the old machine via Add\Remove Programs applet.

Reboot the system.

Then run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Then reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on the new system from the link below (downloads do not differ, registration with your ID & key activate the Pro features - this link generates any number of our 'official' download sites, not just malwarebytes.org):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Pay close attention to the actual download link. Many download sites have big giant sponsored ads from other vendors of other types of software which may confuse you. That's how they make money, by placing these ads prominently so you see them first.

Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' downloads, these will be the ads.

Thanks

hi.

I don't see how it would take long to transfer things and the system would not require to be online so you can uninstall right off from old box.

Please uninstall the software off the old machine via Add\Remove Programs applet.

Reboot the system.

Then run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Then reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on the new system from the link below (downloads do not differ, registration with your ID & key activate the Pro features - this link generates any number of our 'official' download sites, not just malwarebytes.org):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Pay close attention to the actual download link. Many download sites have big giant sponsored ads from other vendors of other types of software which may confuse you. That's how they make money, by placing these ads prominently so you see them first.

Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' downloads, these will be the ads.

Hi - In a word 'yes'

It is only to remove the paid version so you can set it up on another system -

You can then install the free version on the PC and install the paid version on your laptop -

Both versions are similar but the paid version needs to be removed (remember your key #) to be installed on another machine -

It will not work properly unless you remove as per instructions -

Contact back if still not sure - :D

Thanks

EDIT - As long as you have an active antivirus there should not be any problem with being on line for 5 mins or so -

• 1 month later...
Hi - In a word 'yes'

It is only to remove the paid version so you can set it up on another system -

You can then install the free version on the PC and install the paid version on your laptop -

Both versions are similar but the paid version needs to be removed (remember your key #) to be installed on another machine -

It will not work properly unless you remove as per instructions -

Contact back if still not sure - :(

Thanks

EDIT - As long as you have an active antivirus there should not be any problem with being on line for 5 mins or so -

Thank you, I've recently started recommending the paid version to my clients and stuff like this is important to know in advance. Your reply is much appreciated! :(

From what I understand this clean up tool ensures that anything left behind by MBAM after the uninstall including registry keys related to MBAM get cleaned up and removed to ensure a proper and clean removal.

Firefox, even following a reboot that tool doesn't remove the MBAM folder in C:\ProgramData in Vista. That folder plus its contents can be removed with a simple right-click-->delete.

I think it's because that folder doesn't need to removed if you are reinstalling MBAM (it contains data files as opposed to the app's working run files).