Need Help with Licence key

Hi there ,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find a way to activate my Lifetime Premium License that I purchased . I understand of new changes for Lifetime License is tied up now with only one device . My problem is I had to install clean Windows couple times in recent days due to boot issue with Windows Update . First time i managed to activate Key without problems but I also had to change a Window Key as well  ( thanks to Windows Update again ) and since then every time I try to activate key I get error that I need to deactivate my key from another device in order to activate it on the new one . Problem is I never added key in my account . When I try now it says already activated used something .  What can be done to fix this problem ?

Cheers

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I just clicked on  My Account in MB and it takes me to someone else log in details as username . If I try to register on my account it says it's already registered . Not sure what's the story here . Feels like either third party seller who sold me this key registered under his name or the key itself has been hacked or something . Any chance this can be checked ? I've been in touch with MB support but it takes all week to get response sometimes . I have all details and purchase receipts to provide if needed . 

Thanks

39 minutes ago, denzele said:

Any chance this can be checked ? I've been in touch with MB support but it takes all week to get response sometimes . I have all details and purchase receipts to provide if needed . 

Give them time, Support is busier than usual due to the steady release of ver 4.

41 minutes ago, denzele said:

Feels like either third party seller who sold me this key registered under his name or the key itself has been hacked or something

Very Possible. As a reseller my self, All of the old lifetime keys I bought and resold are under my email address.

Do not worry, support will surely sort it out for you. I have had some problems myself with some licenses, but support cleared out all problems.

They are very friendly and help you at any way. It just can take some days before they contact you, as they are very busy every day.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry to dig this again ( 3rd time ) but seriously what the HELLL ? How many times I'm going to have to contact MB Support regarding the same problem with Licence Key ? It works fine for some time and then I get kicked out to free MB due to some issues with Licence Key . It's getting a bit annoying to be honest . Now I need to wait couple days for someone to respond and in all this time I'm without protection for the product that I paid for .     

This can mean you are not the owner of the license... Someone else has this key on his account and can reset the key as you use it, effectively kicking you out to free version.

If your key is not owned by you, you have been scammed. He sold the key to you, but can kick you out at all times. Your key should be tied to your own My malwarebytes account, if not you are not the owner. While he kick you out, he can sell this key again to someone else. Really only support can help you with this, we here on the forum can only give you advice.

If you have proof you bought this license on a LEGIT Malwarebytes seller, and not on Ebay or so, then support will exchange your key gladly for you, so you are the owner. But they need to see proof of purchase from you. If you buy it from a scammer, there's not much they can do for you i am afraid. But you can always try, asking does not hurt anyone. Just be patient and friendly with them, they are only human to.

Yes, if you can prove ownership then Support will be able to cancel the original key you purchased to stop anyone else from using what you paid for, and issue you a replacement key which can then be tied to your own account so that no one else will be able to try and hijack it or duplicate it.

Another reason this can happen is when you have no internet connection for prolonged time. After some time it will go back to free version as it can not contact the license server to check your status.

this should be in normal circumstances no problem, it will activate automatically as soon you make connection to the internet.

I purchased the Premium Licence key from third party seller some time ago  ( Not Ebay seller ). Now I'm not sure if he was legit back then or not but the key worked fine . Unfortunately it seems that seller web page is down or something but I can't get in touch with him at the moment . I have a proof of purchase  which has been provided before to the Support Team at MB when they fixed the problem . 

I opened the ticket so we should see what pans out . I hope the MB team can get this sorted this time and if needed change the key or something . 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Hello @denzele

I have reviewed your last support ticket and it was on Dec 30, 2019 for an issue with Kaspersky antivirus. The previous issue about licensing was on Nov 30, 2019 and you had a couple back and forth emails with support and they asked you for proof of purchase. You replied on Dec 01, 2019 that it was okay the license was now working and did not provide any proof of purchase. It does look like someone either possibly sold you an invalid license or someone sold the same license more than once. Another user provided proof of purchase last week and this license you provided has now been black listed.

I was not able to find a new support ticket from you based on the same email address of your last support ticket. If you used another email address please let me know what your current ticket number is so that I can assist. Since another user has provided proof of purchase we black listed this license and provided them with a new one. You would need to contact support and provide them with proof of purchase as well and they will be more than happy to correct this issue and provide you with a replacement license as well if you're able to provide proof of purchase.

Thank you

Just wish to update that wonderful stuff from MB managed to fix issue that I was facing . I do apologize if i was a bit harsh before with some words . Big Cheers to Jason from MB . 

Also thanks exile360, AdvanceSetup for helping out as well . Cheers guys and stay safe .