• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, plnelson said:

Even though it's only been a few hours, this is already ALL over the web -  Reddit, YouTube, 4chan, level1techs, bleepingcomputer, etc, etc, etc.

Congratulations MalwareBytes, you've hit the BIGTIME!!    You're the talk of the town!   Way to go.

I'm waiting for it to hit the home page of The New York Times, Washington Post, etc. MalwareBytes must have many millions of users. All now with PCs barely working. Most users will be too clueless to know what is wrong.

There is only one correct fix. Open MalwareBytes. Go to Settings along the left. Go to second tab: Protection. Scroll down to Start up options. Turn off the first one that starts MalwareBytes upon startup. Reboot.

9 minutes ago, blitzlegga said:

I was using McAfee for virus protection and Malwarebytes for malware protection.  Need to know what's the next best thing to Malwarebytes.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

There isn't to be honest. Just wait for them to sort the problem and carry on using it :) 

23 minutes ago, Andrewtech89 said:

... You dont seem to understand what I meant by something in common. You're claiming that neither Malwarebytes, Google Chrome, or windows had an update that went live?When you left your laptop at home, you're saying that your laptop did not encounter pending updates from any apps or for the OS? You can't possibly know that. I happen to know that only a few days ago Malwarebytes updated. There is a memory leak from that app somehow, and it has been caused today within the last 24 hours by all of us here. Obviously SOMETHING has been changed, and the likely cause is an update, either one that came recently, or one that has just gone live. Updates contain file patches and new code that often alter, add to, or remove processes, or sub-processes from apps, which in this case could have caused the app to malfunction, e.i. the memory leak.

I also happen to know that I BLOCKED all major program updates for malwarebytes, same with OS updates, so yes updates on my side are all completely disabled.

How can I not possibly know that if I haven't updated my program since ... 5 months ago? (literally the version number should tell you that)

As for "something" that has changed, it's simple, somehow the update servers have been blacklisted by mbam, so whenever the app is trying to update it's databases it's constantly blocking them.

1 minute ago, dioken89 said:

hi

i just made me an account for this fkn problem. i have a gaming laptop of 16gb ram. malewarebytes is using 13 thats why my laptop keeps crashing and sending me out of games. solve this plz. uninstalling the application for now

uninstall, refund it from paypal / your bank, then get a different anti malware solution.

2 minutes ago, Mach1Padilla said:

Same problem here from texas. Found my computer locked and couldnt even get the password box to appear since all the ram was used up. This a bug for sure so why hasnt the staff said anything?

that's because you're too lazy to click on the first topic of this forum, they already replied over an hour ago.

Edited by AzKat

1 minute ago, dioken89 said:

i just made me an account for this fkn problem. i have a gaming laptop of 16gb ram. malewarebytes is using 13 thats why my laptop keeps crashing and sending me out of games. solve this plz. uninstalling the application for now

Don't uninstall.  Open MalwareBytes. Go to Settings along the left. Go to second tab: Protection. Scroll down to Start up options. Turn off the first one that starts MalwareBytes upon startup. Reboot.

I gave you all an easy workaround in Post# 400 on Pg16. Here it is again embellished:

Workaround until fix released:
1. Using the Windows Desktop, right Click MWB icon in Windows System Tray (ie. where clock is> and Exit it.
2. Then go into <Windows> Action Center (in Control Panel's Security section), dropdown both Virus Protection and also Spyware, click the blue View link, select/change to Windows Defender for both.

Nothing to uninstall, no reboots, no gnashing of teeth, no surfing or running programs without AV/Malware protection. Just a simple workaround whose only prerequisite is a little patience until the fix is released.

Regards . . .

Edited by Brcobrem

I am having the exact same issue, first i thought: "OMG WTF is happening, am i getting infected?" Then i was able to, i took a peek in Task Manager and saw Malwarebytes Service using 8 GB RAM OUT OF MY 12 GB, Whuuut ? And it would also sometiems hog up all my cpu. And now that i see other peoples having the same issue, i knew it was a Malwarebytes issue, and not an infection. I also noticed that my other computer running malwarebytes became really slow and unresponsive.

1 hour ago, Phoenix911 said:

Yeah same damn issue, was playing Skyrim and suddenly lagged like a damn mofo.

Looked at cpu and ram and CPU is fine but ram was like 90%+ use restarted comp nothing so checked forums and find I am not the only one.

I have currently closed my program and now comp is fine. making post so that malware can tell me when its fixed.

Haha, was playing skyrim too.

Thought it was a mod conflict until I got the MB popup.

Just now, Brcobrem said:

I gave you all an easy workaround in Post# 400 on Pg16. Here it is again embelished:

Workaround until fix released:
1. Right Click MWB icon in Windows System Tray (ie. where clock is> and Exit it.
2. Then go into <Windows> Action Center (in Control panel and), Security, dropdown both Virus Protection and also Spyware, click the blue View link, select/change to Windows Defender for both.

Regards . . .

iam so doing it, thanks man