RAM usage - what is going on?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It started this morning I wasted from 9am-ish till now thinking I was infected or something was wrong..

This is a TERRIBLE bug. It literally disables your PC!!!

I have a gaming computer and MalwareBytes Service got all the way up to 16GB and made my monitors go black and windows started beeping.. all I could do was hit the reset button.. Then I spent 4 hours trying all kinds of stuff until I saw the posts here and realized it's not just me!

Killed my pc and had to hard reboot it. After just 10 minutes it's back up to 30GB of memory use out of 32GB. Uninstalled it and cleaned up temp files registry etc then reinstalled but the same issue. Also locks up if you try to click on the My Account section then pings back with unable to access the License server. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Spent most of the morning, hours, trying to figure out why my computers and programs/system were freezing. After hours, was checking everything thinkable, notice in task manager/processes, Malwarebytes using 21 GB memory and a lot of CPU usage, what the??????? Uninstalled and systems running fine now.

10 minutes ago, martinn112 said:

I am having the exact same issue, first i thought: "OMG WTF is happening, am i getting infected?" Then i was able to, i took a peek in Task Manager and saw Malwarebytes Service using 8 GB RAM OUT OF MY 12 GB, Whuuut ? And it would also sometiems hog up all my cpu. And now that i see other peoples having the same issue, i knew it was a Malwarebytes issue, and not an infection. I also noticed that my other computer running malwarebytes became really slow and unresponsive.

I am comforted to know I am not alone.  I recommend always having two or more anti-virus products installed.  Do you think Windows Defender is OK for a backup anti-virus?  I recommend Trend Anti-Virus.  There are different versions.  I have Trend Micro Internet Security installed, as well as HitmanPro.Alert.  So I uninstalled MB3 for now and am still protected.

• Staff
19 minutes ago, Swoop said:

ETA???

We have been testing out patches. The most recent Database update, 3803, has seemed to stabilize and fix this issues. You can manually check for updates by click on updates in the Scan status box on the dashboard and confirm which update you are on by going to settings/About last four digits of "Update Package Version".

DB.PNG

App.PNG

1 minute ago, TomInVa57 said:

Spent most of the morning, hours, trying to figure out why my computers and programs/system were freezing. After hours, was checking everything thinkable, notice in task manager/processes, Malwarebytes using 21 GB memory and a lot of CPU usage, what the??????? Uninstalled and systems running fine now.

dude me too.. I thought somehow I got infected on some webpage or something.. but all I was watching was youtube videos on routing protocols, LOL.

11 minutes ago, dioken89 said:

so you mean this is prob is coming from windows os?

I have no issues with Win 10 Creators Update (1703). The main issue here is Malwarebytes. Now I got Kaspersky running both virus and malware protection. It should have been like that all along and apparently Malwarebytes is doing more harm than good.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

I appreciate at least they recognized the issue, but this is an Antimalware behaving like malware. Imagine you buy an medicine that's  a poison, my confidence in this software is broken

shayit happens to even big companies 

Edited by dioken89