• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Gamera said:

Dudes, relax. Some fault got into the latest update. It's only 4AM in Santa Clara. 

*u** that *h*t. It's not 4am here in the UK, and the product they sold me doesn't work.

A company of their alleged global standing doesn't have 24hr support? That sums all this up perfectly

Edited by migs

I am glad that I am not alone! I have tried everything (running the program as admin; uninstalling and reinstalling; enable self-protection module early start etc etc - nothing works.

I cannot scan (a scan takes 8 seconds and clearly isn't scanning) and I cannot enable Web Protection.

1 minute ago, migs said:

censored that stuff. It's not 4am here in the UK, and the product they sold me doesn't work.

A company of their alleged global standing doesn't have 24hr support? That sums all this up perfectly

Or maybe just distribute updates in their business hours so they can react on failures quickly.

2 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

2.x is not working for you? Can you confirm please?

not tried 2.x

my boss and i quote " i bought a new product not a rolled back product. They should fix that"

I havent however quoted the expletives that he has decided to bombard me with.

3 minutes ago, cybot said:

just looked at the mbamservice.log file after enabling the detailed logging, and found this:

Cannot initialize MBAMCore. Failed to parse rules. DefsFolderPath=<C:\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\MBAMSERVICE>. Status=<File Error>

Hmm... seems as if the mbdb files in that folder are all 0 bytes! Yikes. This is... not good.

2017-05-19 04_32_54-MBAMService.png

same issue here ive reinstalled and uninstalled and restarted and changed the  (enable self protection module early start ) from an older post and has done nothing im guessing its either a bug with malwarebytes or its something to do with the latest hacking problems lately hopefully its a bug and gets sorted.

bandicam 2017-05-19 12-29-58-518.jpg

bandicam 2017-05-19 12-29-52-450.jpg

Same here, Win 10 64. had 3.0.6.1469 installed for a while, worked well till a few hours ago.

First I asked MB to check for new versions, which came up with "no newer version available". Checked on website, version 3.2.1.1733.

Uninstalled 3.0.6 with cleanup tool, installed 3.1.2, same issue came up after a few minutes. 

All scans, even a specified scan, just check for updates, after 1-6 seconds scans end, objects scanned "0"

Not good, especially with the actual threats...

running 3.0.6 premium, same problem as everyone else here, web protection will not start & will not scan either.

2 Thinkpads running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and MBAM 3.0.6

So far still okay on older T410, but NFG on newer machine.

Hope MBAM gets moving on this

2 minutes ago, Gatorau said:

What concerns me even more than real time protection being turned off is the inability of the program to run any sort of scan right now. Scans run for 1-2 seconds then complete without viewing a single file.

Yes! This happens also, really worried as I recieved an unwanted programme (called.PUP or something) by McAfee but I removed it (I think), even though it said "ou're about to remove programs that may have been installed as a bundle or suite. Please read the program's license agreement before removing." so wanted to run a scan but couldnt. McAfee quick scan thinks everything is ok