Computer Case Cleaning

sho-dan

Hello all,

I was getting a buzzing sound from the inside of computer, low and behold my video heatsink and fan was packed with dust. took about 2 hrs to clean. so I decide to hunt down the dirtest computers to find and they're in the links below. I have clean some nasty computers, but not as bad as these boxes. enjoy heh heh

These computer images from the register.co.uk are not for the weak :)

Ventblockers II Dirty PCs: How much filth can you take

Ventblockers Dirty, dirty PCs: The X-rated picture guide

Is this the world's dirtiest PC

Saw plenty of such beasts before I retired but The Register's line-up were among the worst of the worst. My worst were from inside shipping docks in un-airconditioned (read unfiltered, as well) warehouses.

Along the same lines (of dead creatures and such inside), I worked as a warehouse tech reconditioning the one burner, manual water, and two burner, automatic water-fed coffee machines (after USAF and before Xerox) belonging to a well-known, nationwide Coffee supply/lease/service company. Never much dust, but when we disassembled the units to clean and recondition them for re-use, many a mouse was found fried where it stepped on the AC input terminals as it browsed around for its coffee "fix".. And worse, when we disassembled the water tanks to de-lime and re-gasket them, more than half had roaches floating around INSIDE the tank.. Yes folks; every cup of coffee people drank from one of those machines was "roach-flavored".. To this day I will NOT drink a cup of coffee from any office/restaurant/etc that uses these type of Coffee Makers - the ones with the brown or orange banded, 12-cup glass serving carafes.. :)

~Shy

Guest name cool

This dirty, I wonder how it works for fans in such circumstances!! :):)

Must have clean water. To become clean.2093.gif

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ew. Poor cricket :) Yeah, finding a spider, especially a live one, in your computer would be pretty disgusting.

I'll check out our computer sometime... I know it's been taken apart before, so it can't be too hard.

Eak! Yeah, I will be. Hubby and his cousin took it apart... so I'll ask him. I definitely wouldn't do it by myself, lol.

Or I could talk to the local computer guy about cleaning out out possibly if we can't figure it out, probably isn't too much of a charge.

I know once in a while there's a clump of dust on the back of the main fan area and I pull that off... so the inside might be in need of cleaning as well. It makes some noises sometimes too, just sitting there (not even running anything), so I wonder if that might be due to being dirty.

Yes folks; every cup of coffee people drank from one of those machines was "roach-flavored"..

I wish I would have known about this sooner. :) After spending over 20 years in the military and also a retired truck driver, I drank a lot of coffee. Thanks ShyWriter for making my day. :) Maybe thats why a lot of truck drivers act crazy, been drinking to much of that flavored coffee. :)

I wish I would have known about this sooner. :) After spending over 20 years in the military and also a retired truck driver, I drank a lot of coffee. Thanks ShyWriter for making my day. :) Maybe thats why a lot of truck drivers act crazy, been drinking to much of that flavored coffee. :)

Sigh.. I remember those days.. I bet I drank 10-15 cups of coffee a day in the service.. with real sugar.. and cream.. Down to one cup of Instant coffee - black; no sweetner - a day these days.. I love cuban coffee but had to quit; I can handle the caffeine but I have to pass on the 20% sugar.. :)

Popeye.. truck drivers.. crazy.. nah.. Say it isn't so.. Darned 4-wheelers drive 'em to drink, not the coffee.. *laugh*

~Shy

Possibly. Get a rag and some canned air for the job. :)

I must be lucky that I have a filtered compressor that I can set at minimum power and it only blows like canned air pressure - Then I use a small , very soft paint brush to clean in the corners and edges of bits - This is part of my 2-3 monthly regular cleaning schedule , and always will be -

If you have carpet in any area where the computer is , then you always find plenty of dust and gunk on the filters -