So im not portected against viruses?

The following are my recommendations for antivirus protection along with links to downloads for them (free trials for those that require a purchase so you can try them before deciding):

Note: If you decide to use one of the trial versions of one of the paid antiviruses then you will either need to purchase it or uninstall it completely and install a replacement antivirus before the trial expires so that your PC is not left unprotected.

MSE Downloads:

Definitions Installers:

Note: if installing the definitions in Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right click the definitions installer and select Run as administrator and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

Also note that if using the paid version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with your antivirus in realtime that it is generally a good idea to exclude Malwarebytes' files from your antivirus to avoid conflicts. The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products.

Personally, I would hesitate to recommend avast. Version 4.8 was better. The new 5.0 is junk. I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?!

Oh no, sir, You must be mistaken. Avira 10 is a piece of **** now, Avast five is MUCH better. Say it again and my ears might start bleeding.

Personally, I would hesitate to recommend avast. Version 4.8 was better. The new 5.0 is junk. I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

The updated version V5.0.462 of avast! works well with MBAM on my systems.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm not being too dense -- but it wouldn't be the first time. :D

I'm thinking of upgrading to the paid version (for personal use) of MBAM ... I just want to make sure it won't co0nflict with Avast! 5. Would that be a safe move?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
Guest garybear

Hi ! I use Avira, Online Armor, and Malwarebytes paid in real time, No conflicks, excellent protection. I don't see a lot of difference in Atni Viruses. AVG is a resource hog. Online Armor is a great firewall. Malwarebytes is the best malware fighter you can get. It is one of the first programs that malware fighters tell people that are infected to use.

Hi ! I use Avira, Online Armor, and Malwarebytes paid in real time, No conflicks, excellent protection. I don't see a lot of difference in Atni Viruses. AVG is a resource hog. Online Armor is a great firewall. Malwarebytes is the best malware fighter you can get. It is one of the first programs that malware fighters tell people that are infected to use.

I used a similar setup a while back ago. Found Avira to be lightweight, but Online Armor to slow down startup drastically. Otherwise good firewall, but very bad on startup.

Guest garybear

Hi Buttons! I have noticed a slow start up while using Online Armor also. I'm one of those people that only shut down my PC occasionally,so I don't mind the slow start up. Only you young people are in a big hurry, and I'm real old. :) What firewall do you use??

Garybear!