Can't update with version 1.45 MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150, 0, WinHttpQueryHeaders)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Perth2008 :)

There have been several reported issues with MBAM and Norton 360 in the past, most of which have been resolved by upgrading to the latest version of Norton 360 (version 4.0).

Also note, that since the version of MBAM is different, it may be necessary to delete all of your existing exclusions for MBAM in Norton 360 and create them again if you didn't create them after upgrading to version 1.45 of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

As for manual updates, the only method I know of would be the definitions installer, but it is generally pretty out of date. If you wish to try this method, the installer is located here.

To obtain the latest version of Norton 360 please visit this page.

Hi exile360

Only seems like yesterday ...

Thanks the upgrade to Norton 360 v4 has fixed the MBAM v1.45 updating problem for me!

Funny how Norton doesn't actively "promote" the ability to upgrade its products to a newer version. I always suspected it was a case of paying to upgrade to the next "build version" (I'd already bought a new boxed N360 v3 and was waiting for the N360 v2.5 to (almost) expire before installing it) ... all I had to do after installation was enter my existing "key" and my remaining days of use was correctly updated.

Of course it'll now be a case of getting used to the new interface, setting up firewall and email spam filters again, but the all important identity safe transferred OK.

Thanks again!

Hi

While it is clear the bulk of the problems are due to Firewall/Antivirus stuff as a "whats next" you can try

altering the DNS setting . Here is what I did for XP however depending on your setup the steps will vary. The settings are Google DNS servers and can be left permanently set

Start > Settings > Network Connections

Right click The local area Connection and select Properties

Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)

Click the Properties Button

Change the Obtain DNS server address automatically to Use the following DNS server address

and add 8.8.8.8 as the Preferred DNS server and 8.8.6.6 as the Alternate DNS Server

Good Luck

Funny that most of the problems are firewall related and some as I with the firewall and AV disabled still get the error while others with the same AV/ firewall have no problems. Very strange. As I can update mbam in safemode but not in normal windows and I can ping mbams update site with AV and firewall active with no problem but get a error when I try to update. Does that rule out my firewall???

I have updated my backup computer that has avast5 and windows defender and winpatrol enabled with no problems.

But with my others that has norton nis 2010 is a no go. Even installing and running mbam with the AV and firewall disabled the error shows up. Like I said others running the same as I have no problems.

I did find out on one of my machines that even with nortons av and firewall disabled there is a norton program still running.

it is ccvchst. What this file has to do with the tea in china I do not know. All I know is there has been a problem for many as I on shutdown of there machine with a ccvchst not wanting to shut down, that norton still has not fixed.

My guess is that some thats running norton that is not haveing the ccvchst not wanting to shut down message is the ones that has had no problems with mbam. It also seems like the problem pertains to only xp and not vista or win7. I know of some that has nis2010 and has not had the ccvchst message on shutdown and thinking to haveing them try mbam. and see what happens.

I hope some of this info will be helpful to malwarebytes staff and unlike norton that does not want to hear about any problems.

I apologise for adding to what is already a crowded issue, but I have tried most of the solutions here regarding the updating problems but have still got problems with updating the new version of MBAM.

I am able to successfully ping data-cdn.mbamupdates.com with my firewalls active, but I still cannot auto-update due to the error code in the topic's title.

• Root Admin
I apologise for adding to what is already a crowded issue, but I have tried most of the solutions here regarding the updating problems but have still got problems with updating the new version of MBAM.

I am able to successfully ping data-cdn.mbamupdates.com with my firewalls active, but I still cannot auto-update due to the error code in the topic's title.

1. What operating sysem?

2. 32 Bit or 64 Bit?

3. What Anti-Virus?

4. What Firewall?

5. What other security software is installed?

6. Did you try the clean removal and removing of previous file and folder exclusions and resetting them for your AV and Firewall?

7. Did you reboot your computer after the update?

1. Windows XP Media Centre Edition

2. 34 Bit.

3. Norton Internet Security 2005

4. The firewall which comes with that ^

5. I also use SpyBot: Search and Destroy

6. No I haven't tried the clean removal tool, I'm a little nervous about turning off my antivirus software.

7. Yes

This problem was non existent in the previous version of MBAM and only cropped up after the update.

Greetings Kahai :)

I'd highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Norton Internet Security, as 2005 is several versions behind. If your subscription is still current (meaning you've paid this year for virus definition updates) then you can get the latest version of NIS for a discounted price as detailed on this page.

Should you choose to do so, please follow the instructions on this page to cleanly remove your existing version of Norton Internet Security before you install NIS 2010.

• Root Admin
Update Norton does not relate to the problem of MBAM145 -is not updated and Avira too -it's a mistake in a newer version of the product within MBAM145. Example

Please read through the all of the posts here and you'll find that almost every user that has followed the provided advice correctly has gotten it to work.

In most cases this method below fixes it for the vast majority of users.

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue:

You throw the wishful thinking! But all complete steps you mentioned, I got a homestay error. So I wish you good luck in correcting internal bugs in the new release! Today MBAM 145 is not updated and the error message: MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150, 0, WinHttpQueryHeaders)

. Thank You! :)

1. What operating system?

Windows 7 Ult

2. 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?

x86

3. What Anti-Virus ?

Norton 360 4

4. What Firewall ?

Norton 360 4

5. What other security software is installed on the system?

MBAM 144-145

6. Is this a home computer or a work computer?

Home - Network from Router D-Link DIR 300

Response to the solution is simple: what has changed in version 145 unlike 144? Because I installed right now an old version of 144 and no error in downloading updates. That is, the error is in the new version of 145-there are looking for answers.

I really like your product!!! It is very good...but the recent version 1.45...I can't update as well...same error code as in this topic! To think that you are uncapable of making mistakes is dangerous! To think that you have to disable firewall etc. is irresponsible! Your statistics are what you are counting on...believing that all were successful downloads...I am thinking that the majority have remained silent and uninstalled your product or went back to the version before...I was going to remain one of the silent ones and not say anything. Most of our anti-viruses and other security software ask the user if you want to allow such actions that you try to do...I belive your recent version has some type of flaw in it...all other versions never had this problem. Yes, I am a free user and maybe this might be a problem...sorry...I was testing your product out for about 3 versions before this one. I will uninstall Malwarebytes and maybe try again later until you get it right :)

I am using NORTON 2005

Why are using a 5 year old engine? Norton was extremely bloated from 2004-2006 and does not have a capability to deal with recent malware even though you may have up-to-date signatures. If you have a current subscription you can update to 2010 for free.

On a lighter note, I just reinstalled MBAM 1.45 on my Win7 Ult x64 workstation that is running NIS2010 (v17.5) & Prevx paid (v3.0.5.106). MBAM updated successfully without me having to add exclusions. I have not activated real-time protection since it causes conflicts with the Win7 backup/image feature.

Greetings EliteKiller :)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to hear that it's working. Just to let you know, you should now be able to activate realtime protection as we were able to replicate that issue in-house and it was corrected in version 1.45 so your backups should be successful now with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware running in the background.

EliteKiller I can attest to what exile360 said as I now have no problems with Win7 backup/image feature and MBAM realtime protection. :)

Why are using a 5 year old engine? Norton was extremely bloated from 2004-2006 and does not have a capability to deal with recent malware even though you may have up-to-date signatures. If you have a current subscription you can update to 2010 for free.

On a lighter note, I just reinstalled MBAM 1.45 on my Win7 Ult x64 workstation that is running NIS2010 (v17.5) & Prevx paid (v3.0.5.106). MBAM updated successfully without me having to add exclusions. I have not activated real-time protection since it causes conflicts with the Win7 backup/image feature.

Hello

I am VERY leery of doing any removal od any firewall/anitvirus programs. I did that once before with WIN98SP2 because somebody told me that the engine was outdated and need to be upgraded. OH WHAT FUN THAT WAS! It completely screwed up my pc to the point that it had to be reformatted. I realize that the NORTON is 5 years old and I am sure that the removal tool at the Synmatec web site works fine, but as with everything else, bad things always happen to me and upgrades.. I would love just to get AVG and ZONE ALARM for the firewall and antivirus, but I am VERY hesitant about doing so with this pc. I work from home and rely on this as my life line to work and can't be without for a week to get it fixed at some repair shop.

Hello

I am VERY leery of doing any removal od any firewall/anitvirus programs. I did that once before with WIN98SP2 because somebody told me that the engine was outdated and need to be upgraded. OH WHAT FUN THAT WAS! It completely screwed up my pc to the point that it had to be reformatted. I realize that the NORTON is 5 years old and I am sure that the removal tool at the Synmatec web site works fine, but as with everything else, bad things always happen to me and upgrades.. I would love just to get AVG and ZONE ALARM for the firewall and antivirus, but I am VERY hesitant about doing so with this pc. I work from home and rely on this as my life line to work and can't be without for a week to get it fixed at some repair shop.

NIS 2010 is so much better than 2005 you'll be happy you upgraded. Whereas 2005 took forever to install, or uninstall, 2010 only takes a few minutes, and is so much lighter on resources. Since your computer is your lifeline to work, I'd buy an external hard drive and create a backup image of your computers drive on a regular basis. It makes recovery from problems like bad software installs so much easier.

Hi,

I've recently updated MBAM 1.44 to 1.45

after that unable to update it. it errors with "MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150, 0, WinHttpQueryHeaders)"

1. What operating system?

Windows 7 Ultimate

2. 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?

32Bit

3. What Anti-Virus ?

NIS 2010 17.6.0.32 &

Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1961.0

4. What Firewall ?

NIS 2010 17.6.0.32 &

5. What other security software is installed on the system?

MBAM 145 &

6. Is this a home computer or a work computer?

Home - Network from Netgear Router WPN824v2

Is there any solution to it?

I've added all the possible exceptions in NIS2010 and MSE.

I am using NIS2006 because I like the ad blocker in the add a pack that was dropped in later versions .Have tried all other suggestions from previous posts but I get the same error message when trying to update since a successful update to version 1.45. I did find that I can get it to update 2 ways. 1 in safe mode 2 Since NIS takes so long to load on start up if I start Malwarebytes when my system tray starts loading and check for updates it works fine but if I wait to long it doesn't.So if Your running an older version and like it try doing your update long before NIS loads in your system tray on start up. It beats having to boot into safe mode and it works for me every time.

@kkk

It is not wise or recommended to have two Antivirus programs running at the same time. NIS 2010 17.6.0.32 & Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1961.0 are both antivirus software and may be the cause of your issue.

You should try and remove the Microsoft one, reboot, then with NIS 2010 make sure your add the exceptions for MBAM.

@kkk

It is not wise or recommended to have two Antivirus programs running at the same time. NIS 2010 17.6.0.32 & Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1961.0 are both antivirus software and may be the cause of your issue.

You should try and remove the Microsoft one, reboot, then with NIS 2010 make sure your add the exceptions for MBAM.

@Firefox,

May not be case of Anti virus conflicts.. As I'm using both together comfortably from last 5 months and MBAM 1.44 never used to fail in updating or in Scans (even with out adding exceptions to both the antivirus programs) in windows 7 ultimate.