what's your security setup?

byte_king

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's spyware terminator working for ya? I could never get it to work. Always slowed everything down. :) Currently I'm running Avira personal in place of mse. Also looking for a replacement firewall. OA seems have poor integration with windows security center, my laptop doesn't seem to start without a firewall off notification. Getting kind of tired of that. :P

How's spyware terminator working for ya? I could never get it to work. Always slowed everything down. :) Currently I'm running Avira personal in place of mse. Also looking for a replacement firewall. OA seems have poor integration with windows security center, my laptop doesn't seem to start without a firewall off notification. Getting kind of tired of that. :)

Yeah, It seems that in the olden days of spyware terminator there were some problems with slow down and system hang ups but they seemed to have fixed allot of the issues with their latest update. I've only started using it myself. Generally, I find no impact on performance and it catches things MBAM and N360 miss so it's quite good. My only gripe with it is when you're actually opening the bugger it takes a little longer than it should, but once it's opened it works quite speedily.

Have you tried Zone Alarm firewall? I've never used it, but my IT friend raves about it. Maybe you can give it a look. I believe it is free. :P Comodo is supposed to be fantastic as well.

Yeah, It seems that in the olden days of spyware terminator there were some problems with slow down and system hang ups but they seemed to have fixed allot of the issues with their latest update. I've only started using it myself. Generally, I find no impact on performance and it catches things MBAM and N360 miss so it's quite good. My only gripe with it is when you're actually opening the bugger it takes a little longer than it should, but once it's opened it works quite speedily.

Have you tried Zone Alarm firewall? I've never used it, but my IT friend raves about it. Maybe you can give it a look. I believe it is free. :) Comodo is supposed to be fantastic as well.

Yeah I tried it. Didn't care for it a whole lot. Right now I'm using PC Tools Firewall plus. Seems to work well. Comodo does alright. I use to use it. But I have personal issues with them now.

@ AdvancedSetup-I don't think notepad is a security software. :P

hi am running mse with mbampro, sas on demand & firefox browser seems to be working ok, did try threatfire for a while but it slowed my pc down and kept interupting cd rom games, mbampro much better.

Yes mbam pro is good, but it's not a behavioral blocker such as threatfire. :P

I am currently running Panda Cloud Antivirus, Malwarebytes PRO, and Winpatrol Plus.

I am in the process of improving my security setup, I got a key to Malware Defender (The HIPS not the fake av) and I am thinking about installing it. Once I upgrade my machines memory I might add ThreatFire, it was nice last time I ran it.

Behavioral blockers bother me. Like Prevx - I have found quite a few false positives in their online database.

ThreatFire is ok...but SourceFire Snort seems the best.

I prefer more HIPS based technology than anything.

Threatfire seems decent. I've been trying the latest version, and seems to play quite nicely. The performance seems normal. :P

Well normally those behavioral blockers help antivirus software that does not know how to protect.

If antivirus software would actually protect its users rather than just cleaning malware, then people would not need ThreatFire, Prevx, SourceFire, etc.

Not only that, MBAM Pro should have a good enough protection interface to supplement any antivirus. :P

Well normally those behavioral blockers help antivirus software that does not know how to protect.

If antivirus software would actually protect its users rather than just cleaning malware, then people would not need ThreatFire, Prevx, SourceFire, etc.

Not only that, MBAM Pro should have a good enough protection interface to supplement any antivirus. :P

True. But if something goes undetected by your av, then you got problems. Since not all security software detect the same thing it's better to be safe then sorry. :P