byte_king

what's your security setup?

I understand your point Buttons. When that happens I just uncheck the MSE update and let the rest update. Now I do have my updates set to let me decide which ones to download and which to install. I just find no problem with doing that and has never caused me any problems since windows only usually only updates once a month.

Dell Studio 1737/4gb Ram 300gb HD 64bit-Dell Studio XPS 435T 12Gb's Ram 2000gb HD 64bit

Windows Vista Home Premium with MSE, Mbam Pro, SAS free, SpywareBlaster,Ccleaner, ATF/ HiajckThis-ProcessExplorer-AutoRuns-

Kaspersky and BitDefender RescueCD's,SAS Portable as MRT

Sometimes it's best to let you decide then the computer. :D After all a human's brain is far superior to any computer in certain areas. :o

I do not use Threatfire nor anything from PC Tools.

Go to My Controls then Edit Signature then add information about your system so that the helpers can offer pertinant advice.

Please read my modified post.

Threatfire is reputable but un-necessary IMHO.

I will put it this way>Any software that does not tell you up front that you must pay to have the nasty's removed is not playing fair.

@Wide Glide

You mean you have to pay ThreatFire to remove the baddies!? That's.....not helpful. Why would anyone design their product that way? :S

As stated in last reply, Please disregard my post. I posted in the wrong topic. Please forgive me.

^^ Probably because Symantec owns PC Tools. lol

I knew there was a good reason not to use anything from PC Tools.

@Wide Glide

You mean you have to pay ThreatFire to remove the baddies!? That's.....not helpful. Why would anyone design their product that way? :S

That's the Symantic way.

Pay up and we will help you.

post-100-1271375049_thumb.jpg

-

On average now, if you have paid Norton installed, and still get infected the cost of removal, via the support team??, is now US$100 -

This is to their paying customers only - I am not sure of the cost for others - The forum is OK for free advice , but I have not submitted an infected computer to the forum yet to see if I get charged -

Community URL: http://community.norton.com/norton

Thank you again for becoming a Norton Community member. :o:D

It's a pain in the *** to update MSE via Windows Update

Mine auto updades every day and just sits there , except for a quick pop up saying that it is scanning -

Any other major updates are done on Patch Tuesday -

Making users pay for an ineffective removal is ridiculous. Support teams that charge that much should be ashamed of themselves.

Luckily, online malware removal forums will not charge. No wonder why the online forums for malware removal are so popular. No point in paying for malware removal, if volunteers like to do it for free (and effective).

That's the Symantic way.

Pay up and we will help you.

Really? Was it that way before? I know they bought them out, but I didn't realize you had to pay to remove. :D

Really? Was it that way before? I know they bought them out, but I didn't realize you had to pay to remove. :D

They will detect the threat then you have to have Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus to remove the threat.

On-demand scanning to clean an infected PC

http://www.threatfire.com/download

Interesting. A few years ago when I used it, It kept quarantine firefox when I had it at the highest setttings. But then again, I didn't know much back then. :D

Ah, I guess there is no value getting threatfire than. I've been reading reviews for it and impressions seem to be really mixed. Though for the most part, I've been reading negative reviews. I guess I'll remove it from my PC than.

Ah, I guess there is no value getting threatfire than. I've been reading reviews for it and impressions seem to be really mixed. Though for the most part, I've been reading negative reviews. I guess I'll remove it from my PC than.

Just trashed it from my signature. :D

Does anyone know of a program like ThreatFire that would do the same thing and is free?

I was reading a little bit about it and it seems MBAM paid performs the same function

Does anyone know of a program like ThreatFire that would do the same thing and is free?

I was reading a little bit about it and it seems MBAM paid performs the same function

The only one I know of is Mamutu which is paid. Other then that, I'm clueless.

I don't think mbam has behavior based protection.

Go to My Controls then Edit Signature in Personal Profile then edit your signature with pertinent system information so tha the helpers can offer pertinent advice.