618K Memory used as Process...

Oh, I understand that, Marco :D

Unless its very unclear what is being replied to, though, we try to use the add reply button instead of quoting things. It makes the forum and threads less confusing to read.

You're welcome :D

Mountaintree16

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D When I am at my computer again Marco, I'll try disabling stuff in Mbam and see what happens to the memory usage.

Thanks, I'll try.

You have a nice day too :D

For the people experiencing this issue:

1. Open the registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Right-click in the right-panel and choose New -> Dword value. Name the value disableipblocking, and set it equal to 1. Reboot. Does this make the memory leak go away? (You can delete the value after testing this.)

2. Remove all entries from the Ignore List in MBAM. Does this make the memory leak go away?

to the experts: just tell me if there is a solution.

other people: too much off topic crap by everyone, im lost. stop talking about antivirus,what pc u have, what operating system etc... mawareytes new update created this problem not the users or their equipment.

post-29014-1262757019_thumb.png

im tired of this problem. im nearing 180,000k after 5 hours. 622,000k was highest. should i try for 1,000,000?

i need my pc on for days. cant reboot every....

where will you show the solution? on main website, or here? cant tell who i should listen to or who to trust.

@ chicagobeers

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=180488

Swandog is a developer & works for Malwarebytes, you can trust him! :D See if what he said helps.

• Staff

@chicagobeers

This troubleshooting process is tedious and slow because we don't have enough data to go off of and we're unable to reproduce these issues on our machines. We greatly appreciate the time all of you have taken but this just won't be an easy fix.

Out of the millions of users who we have there is just this small amount of users with this issue. Or at least the only ones willing to help us collect data. And part of that process is talking about what is installed on each system. That's how we'll be able to narrow down a potential conflict and address it.

Rest assured our R&D team is working their butts off trying to figure this out and are just as frustrated if not more so than you.

Regardless of how much we test, it is ultimately the users who are our best testers.

@ TeMerc & everyone else....

I wish I could help with this issue but my usage isn't nearly as high and I haven't experienced any issues, at least as of yet.

I unticked IP protection and the K usage actually seemed to go up a little bit.

I'll keep my eye on it though.

1. Open the registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Right-click in the right-panel and choose New -> Dword value. Name the value disableipblocking, and set it equal to 1. Reboot. Does this make the memory leak go away? (You can delete the value after testing this.)

2. Remove all entries from the Ignore List in MBAM. Does this make the memory leak go away?

dont feel comfortable doing that kind of stuff nor should any of us. we should not have to alter our pc. cant that be done in an update?

@ Chicagobeers

If you aren't comfortable doing that, then don't. :D

Please read TeMerc's post just above my last post. Read it entirely, and you'll see why it won't be a quick, easy fix.

• Staff
dont feel comfortable doing that kind of stuff nor should any of us. we should not have to alter our pc. cant that be done in an update?
Clearly you don't understand what we're trying to do here with the data you guys have provided to us.

No sense updating based on guesses that may or may not work. This is part of troubleshooting a glitch. Making small changes to see how users systems are affected. If we just push out an update as you say, it could make it worse still.

We won't update until we're confident that what we've changed actually works to resolve the problem.

@ chicagobeers

I'm sure people will try it out when they see it, its rather late for a lot of people currently.

I'd definitely try it out if I were having the issue, but I am not.

Tried the registry tweak and rebooted.

Then tried the DB update emulator Douug provided me a few times and the memory consumption was going back to what it was before!

I then deleted the registry key that was in the Exclusions, and memory went up about 2MB.

I then rebooted and checked the memory which was at about 38MB.

Left work for work.

I'll check the memory again when I'm back home tonight.

Does this make the memory leak go away?

Sorry Swandog, but I did the reg hack and it did nothing...

Removed the few things that were in the ignore list and again, it did nothing :D

Memory use still continually rising....

Comp. info in signature... any info that should be in there?

i just found this forum as i noticed that my memory was basically just gone... and i have 6 gig, running win 7 on a quad core HP.

So.. i checked and my mbamservice is steadily pulling 1.4 GIG of memory, all by itself... that is a lot, to say the least. I will try the tweak posted here and let you know if it helped any.

I also experienced the memory creep, but I also experience a lock-up that results in only being able to run already open applications. A power kill at the tower is the only way to fix it. I think they **might** be one in the same or an issue with Win7 support as I am running 64bit Win7. The problem does NOT occur when the mbamservice.exe is not running and all scheduled updates and scans occur. If the mbamservice.exe is running and protection module is enabled my system locks up at 5am, which is the scheduled update time and will not allow any new applications to run. I have excluded all critical mbam files in my Avira to no avail. The only way I can get the scheduled updates and scan to occur is to disable the protection module and untick the "start with windows" box so the mbamservice.exe will not run.

zippydedodah, I don't know how you are measuring RAM usage but on my Windows 7 system the RAM usage stays constant but does go up slightly when I load more tabs in IE and currently sitting at 34% using the CPU Gadget.

On my XP Pro system current Mem usage is 86,844K and going up very slowly.

The problem does NOT occur when the mbamservice.exe is not running and all scheduled updates and scans occur. If the mbamservice.exe is running and protection module is enabled my system locks up at 5am, which is the scheduled update time and will not allow any new applications to run. I have excluded all critical mbam files in my Avira to no avail. The only way I can get the scheduled updates and scan to occur is to disable the protection module and untick the "start with windows" box so the mbamservice.exe will not run.

I agree with you Roadkil, im doing same thing here, i also unticked "Start with Windows". So i can scan and update without any problems with mbamservice.exe

Its happens with ip protection enabled or disabled. The curious thing is that the dbupdate.exe interrupted for a time of climbing memory.

Unfortunately, registry fix didn't work here.

Marco