618K Memory used as Process...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This appears to be an anomaly and will be corrected in the next version. A reboot of your computer should reduce it back to normal until you have a few more updates without a reboot.

Yes, it does appear to be anomalous and almost a day and a reboot later I get this:

mbamservice2.jpg

It's still #1 in usage and, coupled with the secondary MBam process adds up to a bit. But, then again, the best things in life are never free!!

Thanks again.

I dunno, I got RAM and stuff on a new box but, just curious about the amount of memory being used by the mbamservice. Is that ok or are there plans to give it a lighter footprint?

Just curious. Great Program. thanks.

mbamservice.jpg

Had same difficulty using ver. 1.42 - memory usage would rise from ca. 50MB to 410MB in less than an hour! However, after downloading and installing ver. 1.43, the app has run all day, remaining steady at 45MB in PROTECTION mode. Well done on the fix!

@ Kernel Krumpet have you updated to version 1.43, its out now?

Yes, I am on 1.43. I have a paid for version which, my understanding is, updates every day before a scheduled daily scan.

And, please find below my current mem usage:

malwarebytesmemoryusagein1.43.gif

Don't get me wrong here. I personally am not complaining. But, for those that rush out to Best Buy or Frys or Dell online and buy a "good deal" then that 512 (on older machines) or 1024 has to be an issue.

I just want to see this software wipe the slobber 'n drool off all the "wolves in sheeps clothing" that prey on innocents. And, without mentioning names, we know who they are.

@ Kernel Krumpet have you updated to version 1.43, its out now?

My apologies for this additional post but I am unable to find the "Edit" button on my first response to your question!

Yes, I am on 1.43. I have a paid for version which, my understanding is, updates every day before a scheduled daily scan.

And, please find below my current mem usage:

malwarebytesmemoryusagein1.43.gif

Don't get me wrong here. I personally am not complaining. But, for those that rush out to Best Buy or Frys or Dell online and buy a "good deal" then that 512 (on older machines) or 1024 has to be an issue.

I just want to see this software wipe the slobber 'n drool off all the "wolves in sheeps clothing" that prey on innocents. And, without mentioning names, we know who they are.

you are welcome....

one of the experts will see your post and reply.... version 1.43 should have fixed the memory leak.... maybe they will have some more suggestions for you.

I can't help but notice the words "should have" up there.

As to the additional - "experts suggestions" - I am not one who takes lightly the inference that it is the end-user - or their setup - that is frequently covertly accused - these days - of being at fault - if indeed the weighty footprint is a fault. Maybe it's normal? Just let us know if that is the case. Nothing to be defensive about here.

I shall wait then for the "should have" and the "expert suggestions" to hopefully ameliorate the footprint for all users on all O/S's.

Again, my systems rock. I just want this Software to rock - in all installations for all users - too. If I can help "the experts" troubleshoot on XP 32, Win7 32 or 64 then please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the notification.

Kernel Krumpet: There's definitely something wrong with the memory usage of MBAMService.exe on your system. Please follow the instructions in item #7 of the FAQ located here to see if it corrects the issue. It is possible that for some reason the older version of MBAMService.exe was not replaced as it should have been when 1.43 was installed and this should correct that if it is indeed the case.

Please let me know how it goes.

Ok then. I'm in for some testing.

Win7, 64Bit, 6GB.

Reading your post above I checked and I was at my posted pics. of 691,000. Then I rebooted and, knock me over with a feather - 35,000 to holding at 37,000. Kewl!

From whence cometh the 690,000+ I wonder? I will post back tomorrow am (PST) after my early morning scheduled scan is run and see if that makes the difference. If not I will regularly check to see if this is 'creep' or a single instance of something that causes it.

Thanks for encouraging me to be part of the solution.

Still at 37,000!

The issue with version 1.42 was an escalation of memory usage after each database update. It was corrected in version 1.43 and that's why your issue made me suspect that MBAMService.exe had not been updated as it should have. You can continue testing by updating without rebooting your system and if the memory usage increases without stabalizing at an amount near what it was before the update, then you've got the issue that was meant to be fixed in 1.43, in which case I'll point the developer of the Protection Module to this thread so that he can take a look.

Thanks for posting the info and for testing it out :) .

Please follow the instructions in item #7 of the FAQ located here to see if it corrects the issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

exile360: sorry to be so lame but do you mean this Item #7:

ISSUE: I'm not sure how to register Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

SOLUTION: Registration is only required when you have purchased a license.....etc..

Having said that you'd posted seconds afore me and, after a reboot - prior to reading your post - I'm still holding at 37,000. Excellent! That must be about right huh?

thank you all for your concern.

exile360: sorry to be so lame but do you mean this Item #7:

ISSUE: I'm not sure how to register Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

SOLUTION: Registration is only required when you have purchased a license.....etc..

Nope, a bit further down:
ISSUE: After purchasing, when I enter my ID and Key, I am told that my ID and Key are invalid.

SOLUTION: Follow these procedures as outlined below.

Having said that you'd posted seconds afore me and, after a reboot - prior to reading your post - I'm still holding at 37,000. Excellent! That must be about right huh?

thank you all for your concern.

Yes, anywhere in the range of 30,000 to around 60,000 would be pretty normal, but as I said, if it's the same issue that 1.42 had, it shouldn't suffer a dramatic increase until after updating the defintions, something that only time and testing will determine. I'd recommend checking for updates manually every hour or two when you have the time to get as many updates as you can so that you can test to see if the issue remains.

Nope, a bit further down:

Yes, anywhere in the range of 30,000 to around 60,000 would be pretty normal, but as I said, if it's the same issue that 1.42 had, it shouldn't suffer a dramatic increase until after updating the defintions, something that only time and testing will determine. I'd recommend checking for updates manually every hour or two when you have the time to get as many updates as you can so that you can test to see if the issue remains.

ermmmm i've never had a reg. issue. Have I? Do I? Did I miss something? - like miss understand!

thanks for the manual update tip for quicker testing.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for posting that :) . Did you already follow the instructions in the FAQ that I posted for you? If so, please update one more time (Note: You'll have to wait until another database udpate is released.) to confirm that the memory usage is steadily escalating with each new update.

You guys are just trying to get me to my 50th post so I can edit my typing mistakes without reposting huh?!?!?

just uninstalling and closing down email prior to reboot as I post.

Like Jack, I'll be back... thanks.