MB Beta 5 Feedback

I have been looking around in this interface. And I really like this.

Something That I have noticed:

0) Some times you can't scroll in the settings. The scroll function just give up.

1) You get a popup too many times when clicking on protection settings. I know it's good to tell people what the protection is for. But for me it's a bit annoying to get the popup too many times. But that's me.

2) Scanner is only showing scan time in 00:00 (Minutes:Seconds). I have not noticed if it will add hours because this scanner is fast.

3) Clicking 1 time in bottom bar on the MB icon it will send away a error sound. The second time will open the interface.

4) Tooltip is showing in maybe wrong text and background color? In Light theme there is black background with white text. In Dark theme there is white background with black text.

5) Help does not have FAQ yet. I guess this will be added later.

Anyway, thanks you guys so much for releasing this beta version. Now I have something to test out :D

Edited by unknownguy
faq added
  • Like 1

I have found out of sync of Shop information. Picture attached. When hover over the mouse you won't get the hand cursor. But if you put the cursor a bit outside you get hand cursor. Maybe note a huge problem

Malwarebytes_LelJ9ijbbK.png

When clicking on Turn off protection and then on Turn on in the tool. The notice will stay in the bottom that the protection needs to be activated. 

Edited by unknownguy
turn off/on protection

I tried out this new beta in Windows 7. But for some reason I get "You still have -1 devices left in your subscriptions".
I also got a crash when I'm clicking on close on the popup window after doing a manually scan. This is only in Windows 7. I have tested this 8 times in a row and same crash over and over.

• 4 weeks later...

Just another report. When you have ignored issues while you also have a Warning. You can't see ignored issues anymore.

Then there is also no function like only show monthly security summary for showing only 30 days. Now it's only show or hide.

• Staff

@unknownguy I have tried to reproduce your Security Advisor issue, and I cannot, I'm still seeing the Ignored Issues menu option even if I have a warning.

However, I'm trying this on a newer build, which will be pushed out as an update over the next few days. It might fix some of the issues you described.

Regardless, could you please tell me what items you have in Ignored Issues, and also what Warnings you have? Just in case it's a specific combination.

8 hours ago, icolcear said:

@unknownguy I have tried to reproduce your Security Advisor issue, and I cannot, I'm still seeing the Ignored Issues menu option even if I have a warning.

However, I'm trying this on a newer build, which will be pushed out as an update over the next few days. It might fix some of the issues you described.

Regardless, could you please tell me what items you have in Ignored Issues, and also what Warnings you have? Just in case it's a specific combination.

I don't remember, I only got the issues that I couldn't see inside issues while having warnings. Sure the button issues was there. But I couldn't see what issues I had.

9 hours ago, icolcear said:

If you ever encounter it again, can you please take some screenshots of the affected areas? Just in case it's some super specific item combination that indeed triggers a bug.

I will report back if I get this issue again. And also post logs this time.

I have been looking around in the interface. I'm inside the Detection Overview. When hover over "Install Browser Guard" info box, it just show "Install Browser Guard" and nothing more. You also don't get the hand cursor every time when hover over as example Exploits, Pups and so on.

When looking at "All blocks and information", you get huge green numbers which hides behind the pie chart. Image attached.

Malwarebytes_LdsvCqkOrH.png

Edited by unknownguy
added hand cursor

On 1/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, icolcear said:

@unknownguy If you ever encounter it again, can you please take some screenshots of the affected areas? Just in case it's some super specific item combination that indeed triggers a bug.

Here I got issue again, but on my Windows 7 test environment.

And I also generated logs, if you guys can see what's wrong. Event viewer show nothing.

Edit: I tried to reboot but that didn't work either.

Edit: Tried to switch from dark theme into light theme (I know this have been a problem before), without success.

VirtualBoxVM_1hpBKaom7k.png

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by unknownguy
Light theme
  • Thanks 1

I want to give my feedback.

I do not like the "Shop" icon. I don't install a security program to shop, I know why you guys do it, I just don't like or need it.

I wish there was a way to minimize or get rid of the "Online Privacy" box for those of use who won't be using the VPN.

The " Security Advisor" box is great for some, but for those of us who don't need or want it I wish there was a way to get rid of it also.

The first two issues are just a way of upselling which is a no-no for me.

Thanks

• Like 3

• Staff

@digmorcrusher

1. The Shop icon was initially a way for us to work on and show the In-app Browser. It will probably be removed from the sidebar at some point during Beta. We left it there for users to be able to find potential bugs with it.

2. The VPN integration is one of the big new features with MB5. We wanted to get as much Beta use out of it, to find bugs with it, as core feature stability is one of our main Beta goals. However, dashboard personalization options will be coming down the pipeline, and hiding VPN will be a possible option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Since 4.x didn't have an easier way of copy and paste Version, Update Package Version, Component Package Version. Is it possible to make a little button to copy the information. Right now do you need to look at the version and such and write manually. I also think it would make everything easier when the most people ask for this.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Though there are other many ways to get that info, I agree with you. You cannot currently even highlight and copy in version 4 so having a button or method to copy that info to the clipboard would be a nice added feature

image.png

Yes it would be really helpful with a way to copy the information. And as you was showing the image, there is no way in 4.x. But would be nice to maybe add this into MB 5.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking around at the interface. In the MB 4.x there is a background image in the dashboard. What about some form of background image in MB 5? It's only dark now. From my side it would be nice with something more.

Here is just a play around in gimp. It looks bad but I'm not a designer. I also attached the background image.

dashboard.png

test.png

Edited by unknownguy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Max-H said:

it looks better without it. More professional.

I see it similar. In my opinion, it´s just too much. You would need more free space to present a background.

But let´s think a differnt way... In the near future, would it be possible to modify Malwarebytes yourself, by choosing your own background or colors?

(I don´t know if there is a easy way to handle this.)

4 hours ago, Max-H said:

Probably there were too much negative comments about the background. Too childish, too distracting. Personally, it looks better without it. More professional.

avast one has cartoon characters for a GUI. 😁🤣

• 1 month later...

Should there really be 3 modes in Tamper Protection when selecting all?

First mode: Checked, Second Mode: Minus sign, Last Mode: Unchecked.

Because if I use Minus sign it works exactly like Checked Mode. I don't know if this is needed.

Edit: The waiting | in the password field is black, maybe it should be white. (Using Dark theme)

Edited by unknownguy
waiting text
  • Thanks 1