MB Beta 5 Feedback

Found another interesting thing. Give focus/click on an application in the taskbar. Then click on MB5 in the taskbar.

Click on Scan. Cancel the scan and click on Yes to cancel. Wait for the popup about showing scan reports and click on "View Scan Report". Then Click on Close in MB5. And for some reason MB loses focus and focus on the last used application in taskbar. So MB will open the last focused application in taskbar.

Added video with the steps:

https://streamable.com/ad3k54

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Disabled live hyperlinks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a bug or not. Follow the image below. Click on 1, then when you want to click on 2 you can't go to settings. I noticed that this is on all other things too. I need to click outside of the buttons before I can use them.

Malwarebytes_IN6QD7ZFTF.png

• Staff

It turns out that this is expected behavior. When you have a menu open - your step 1, that menu must be closed before you can navigate elsewhere in the app. In your scenario another way to do it is click on the settings icon twice after your step 1 - first click closes the menu opened in step 1, the second click will navigate to settings.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Scottmh said:

It turns out that this is expected behavior. When you have a menu open - your step 1, that menu must be closed before you can navigate elsewhere in the app. In your scenario another way to do it is click on the settings icon twice after your step 1 - first click closes the menu opened in step 1, the second click will navigate to settings.

Thanks for the information.

Tonight I had 2 infected files. Added them into quarantined items. Everything went fine. Then I saw these was false positives and removed them from quarantined items. Now is my Security Advisor frozen.  Image attached.

Edit: Closing MB and open doesn't work either. I'm stuck at this.

Malwarebytes_QPdW6qT01D.png

Edited by unknownguy
closing open

Hello @unknownguy :

Before valuable data may be lost, and without restarting, please try to generate the mbst-grab-results.zip file for the devs.

1. Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
  2. In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
  3. In the User Account Control (UAC) pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation.
  4. Run the MBST Support Tool.
  5. In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced.
  6. In the Advanced Options, click only Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your computer.
  7. A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please attach that file in your next reply to this topic. Please do NOT copy and paste.

For the short time between when you post the diagnostic logs, and when a staffer weighs in, please take no further self-directed remedial actions that will invalidate the diagnostic logs you will have sent.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I can't reproduce this with latest update. So I think it's fixed.

Everything reported in this post is fixed too:

I really like the developers at MB. Even if things was reported a long time ago. I can still wait. because I know MB 5 is just a beta.

Edited by unknownguy
Added other fixes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1