Malwarebytes Tray Application

16 minutes ago, Dubble_D said:

Adblock Plus. 

I suggest Ublock origin instead of Adblock plus.

18 minutes ago, Dubble_D said:

My computer was clean.  I try to meticulously maintain my equipment. 

That is good.

The free version of Malwarebytes should not cause issues in case you ever wish to use it.

Again thanks for the extra info. And best wishes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

This article discusses uBlock Origin as well as many other items to help keep your system safe and learn more about your computer along the way too.

Tips to help protect from infection

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/

On 7/28/2020 at 9:26 AM, Porthos said:

I suggest Ublock origin instead of Adblock plus.

Disregard my last post.  Somehow the message got posted before I had a chance to finish my inquiry.  Ill try again.

I run IE version 11 on a very limited basis, for some of its unique capabilities that I still find helpful.

Can  uBlock Origin be used with IE11?  I would acquire from The Microsoft Store

Thanks very much in advance for your assistance.

2 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, unfortunately on IE the uBlock Origin is not supported and thus one is sort of stuck. As listed on the page for Tips above it does show it too.

image.png

Thanks for the prompt response! Ill stick then with AdBlock Plus.

On 7/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

This article discusses uBlock Origin as well as many other items to help keep your system safe and learn more about your computer along the way too.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/

A must read for every PC user.  Comprehensive and effective.  Thanks for compiling such a useful document.  

Cheers!

On 7/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Guys, what is the best, most effective free VPN extension to use with Chrome, and in conjunction with the ad blockers mentioned/discussed in this thread?  I'm trying to beef up my security and privacy without having to spend a ton of money on subscriptions.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know of any VPN extensions for Chrome, however Malwarebytes offers Malwarebytes Privacy and they have a free trial so that you can test it out to see if it meets your needs.  I honestly can't recommend any of the free VPNs I know of as they all come at the cost of either privacy (which defeats the purpose in my opinion, since avoiding being tracked online is probably why you want a VPN to begin with), having to see constant advertisements (i.e. ad supported VPNs; pretty much the most common case for any of the 'free' VPNs I know of), or both (i.e. both tracking and advertising).