I LOVE MALWAREBYTES :D

mikeyfiddler

@ mikeyfiddler

I'm glad that this product has served you well :)

You should consider purchasing the PRO version. It can help prevent things like this from infecting your computer in the first place :)

Hi - mikeyfiddler - Welcome here -

Don't worry about the Bosses (he he) :) - We all love MBAM and that is why we are here - :)

If you get other problems now you know where we are and where to get more help - :)

Don't forget to update every week -

You should check for updates on a daily basis. A single week can leave your machine far behind in the malware wars. We sometimes release multiple updates in a single day to keep up with various trends in malware.

@ Raid

I personally check for updates to MBAM before doing anything else when turning on my computer. Then I check for my AV for updates.

If I am on for more than an hour or two, or later on in the day, I check again :)

@ Raid

I personally check for updates to MBAM before doing anything else when turning on my computer. Then I check for my AV for updates.

If I am on longer than an hour, or later on in the day, I check again :)

Isn't that a bit much - Every hour for A/V ?? Don't your auto updates come every day - MBAM seems twice a week is OK ?? :)

@ noknojon

Oh, I don't check every hour for AV - just when I boot up (and later on in the day, say several hours later or more), if I use the computer again, and MBAM if I am on longer than an hour, not every hour though. Sorry for the confusion.

Mbam twice a week... well if you have a slow internet connection than twice a week is probably okay, but you should update it once a day at minimum.

If you only use the free version though, you really only need to update before you plan to scan, as the free version doesn't offer realtime protection.

Also, please in the future when replying erase what the person you are replying to said. Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

MBAM is awesome. Norton did nothing. All it did was find tracking cookies. :) I wish i had a credit card. I would love to get the Pro version. The only thing I wish for MBAM to do is interface. Really, I'm a sucker for graphics. :) Before the mishap with Iobit, I had actually switched to Iobit because of interface, however I had a feeling something bad would happen to their name. Then I switched back and found MBAM found 24 trojans that Iobit didn't!!!! I look at the results and go, WTF where did Antivirus 2009 come from!!!! Residue from an installation 5 years ago. GO MBAM!!!