MWAC BSOD Windows server 2019 (1809) x64

Hello. I had a Windows update on FRI 1-10-2020.  Over this weekend my server rebooted after BSOD. Over 12 times since Fri.  BSOD points to MWAC.SYS. IRQL not less or equal. 

Windows cumulative update windows server 2019 (1809) x64 based --      (KB4530715)

We Shut off service to keep business running for the day will try reinstall malwarebytes tonight. 

I have extracted the dump file text and memory dump text. 

From what i gather  windows and malwarebytes are fighting for file control due to file protection, and system protection.

I have not been able to test but an uninstall and reinstall maybe the fix. Basically resetting permissions after Windows does what ever it thinks it needed to do. 

BSOD MalwareBytes .jpg

Capture WinUpdate1.JPG

event viewer MBAM Kernal.JPG

Dumpfile text .txt MemoryDMP.txt

• AlexSmith changed the title to MWAC BSOD Windows server 2019 (1809) x64

When we got the product installed about a month ago, only issue I ran in to was we set to scan for root kits and that BSOD the server. After reading somewhere, root kits needs to be turned off. So we turned that off and had no problems up until now.  I will download the tool and create the logs and use the clean up tool before a fresh install.

58 minutes ago, ChrisK1965 said:

Bought from business tab. Malwarebytes for teams.  4.0.4.49 installed.

That version is not supported on any server OS. It works for most but there is another option for servers. The version you have is for the workstation/computers.

But that is not the issue with the blue screens.

Edited by Porthos

< kibbitz >  @ChrisK1965   

I believe Nikhils meant for you to attach the ZIP file here in this thread-topic.    Otherwise, if you wish, you may attach into a personal message to him.

As far as "scan for rootkits" it should be Off by design / default.  Having the rootkit scan makes runs run longer.  It is not needed in most cases.

OK, after uninstalling MB,  run windows update. Ran clean up.   Re-installed MB,   ran fine all night.  This morning the system logs looked good.   On another computer on the network, we tried to access our DC drive. Clicked on the short cut folder, and the DC BSOD.  Same error.  MWAC.sys Driver IRQL not less or equal.

This short cut worked fine before the windows update on the 01/10/2020  The short cut link is through the network.   \\DC\C$\   Just a basic shortcut. From what I see our security rights for the shortcut is correct.

with out MB, shortcut works fine.      

@nikhils     This zip is from this mornings BSOD.

We are wondering what version of software is needed for use on our server. Its only one server. Nothing elaborate. We were hit with a ransomware in December and are looking for anti-exploit and anti-ransom software that functions but doesn't have the corporate level price and subscriptions.

mbst-grab-results.zip

I've read every word of this thread.  I have this same problem.  BSOD points to mwac.sys. IRQL not less or equal.

Can you please send me the URL to an earlier version of MB version 4.  I am running the latest 4.04.49  (4.0.0.473 Executables).

I've been running MalwareBytes Premium for many years on this PC without issue until the last few days.

I really need the Web protection to stay on. That is my greatest concern on this PC.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, Juna said:

I've read every word of this thread.  I have this same problem.  BSOD points to mwac.sys. IRQL not less or equal.

Can you please send me the URL to an earlier version of MB version 4.  I am running the latest 4.04.49  (4.0.0.473 Executables).

I've been running MalwareBytes Premium for many years on this PC without issue until the last few days.

I really need the Web protection to stay on. That is my greatest concern on this PC.

Cheers,

If you wish to revert to an earlier version, download links can be found here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/255466-mwacsys-bsod/?do=findComment&comment=1355676