1903 update question

Is it necessary to disable some of the modules or even uninstall MB Premium before updating to the new 1903 Windows build? I have never bothered in the past but I would just like to sure this time as I have control of when it installs. Thanks in advance.

Ian

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Regardless of any well intentioned answers ...  my Upgrade on a new W10 computer's 1803 to 1809 5 weeks later Stalled repeatedly at 91% Install - which WAS a Common Google Symptom result - AND SUCCESS Occurred when I DISabled - not Un-inst'd  as some did - ESET EIS,  Mbam, and SuperAS.

No way to know WHICH app was the cause, but IF you do nothing and have issues, remember this worked for me.

Hi @ejbeak

I run Windows 10 with Malwarebytes for Windows Premium & Windows Defender.  Have done so ever since Windows 10 was first released ( and from even the Insider Preview for the year preceding that).

I have never had to do anything out of the ordinary.

What I would suggest for you, is:

To do one Windows Restart on your own prior to manually getting the 1903 build.

Then do a Windows Update check run.

Open Windows Update and click Check For Updates. If you see a listing for the May 2019 Update, click Download and Install Now.

My advice is just not to use the system for anything thing else.

I updated my laptop with the 1903 update without shutting down Malwarebytes and experienced licencing issues - now resolved.  When I updated my desktop I shut down Malwarebytes and experienced no issues with licencing.  Small sample and take it as you wish.  Aside from Malwarebytes, I have experienced no issues with the 1903 update other than the laptop rebooting with Flight Mode (i.e. WiFi disabled) enabled - took me a couple of minutes to work that one out!

Just read about an issue with some AMD systems.

So I am going to add this advice:  Be sure that you are aware of the microprocessor Brand & Model on your system.

On computers that have AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors, certain versions of AMD RAID drivers are not compatible with the Windows 10 May 2019 update. If a computer has these drivers installed and configured in RAID mode, it cannot install the May 2019 update of Windows 10. If you start the installation process, the process stops.

Version 9.2.0.105 and later versions of the AMD RAID drivers do not cause this issue. A computer that has these drivers installed can receive the May 2019 update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4504107/cannot-install-may-2019-update-on-computers-running-certain-amd-raid

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Just have updated my Windows 10 to version 1903 here. Before that i closed MWB, and put the option off to not start with windows.

After the update i did start MWB and put this option on again, no problems seen whatsoever!

Now have OS Build 18362.116, no problems with MWB and Windows Security on.

Thanks for the reply guys. I was referring to the just-released alleged stable version that I have been offered via the Windows update settings. After the last version debacle, I'm a little gun shy about pulling the trigger on this one. I usually click quit Malwarebytes before checking for minor updates if they haven't already auto installed themselves first. MBAM usually turns its self back on after the reboot. It's probably best to wait at least a week or so in case there's a recall like last time.  

13 hours ago, ejbeak said:

It's probably best to wait at least a week or so in case there's a recall like last time.  

Not a bad idea, at least in my opinion due to past issues, not to mention the fact that there are already known issues with it for McAfee users and possibly other as of yet undiscovered problems/incompatibilities.  I would normally recommend installing the latest updates immediately, but given Microsoft's track record recently that's become a difficult recommendation to make.

No problem with 1903 x4.. Had problem not caused by Malwarebytes, could not install it. Tried all normal ways. Copied the ISO to a folder on the HDD and got it installed. First time problem with upgrades.

Edited by KenW