giapet

Memory Leak? >5gb

Registered to report the same issues. Currently at 12GB memory usage, web protection refuses to start. Problems began at about 11am EST. I have the MBCheck zip file, but I'd rather email it to support than upload it to the public.

1 minute ago, SteveD3 said:

Registered to report the same issues. Currently at 12GB memory usage, web protection refuses to start. Problems began at about 11am EST. I have the MBCheck zip file, but I'd rather email it to support than upload it to the public.

I suggest turning the program off until it's fixed, or else it will keep growing till it will crash your computer.

i had the same problem of closing it in tray and it started back so i went to the MB folder loaded the exe and disabled on boot up  reset my computer and its solved my problem of it non stop rebooting but dont like having to run with out my sysyem with just windows defender i miss MB 

Got the same memory leak  just this morning from Malwarebytes, a buddy too . Shut down Malwarebytes and its fine . 

I have 32GB installed and memory usage went up to 40% at start up and would increase  1% every 5 seconds .

Edited by stereo55

Yep. Same here.

Massive memory leak that eventually crashed my PC. I would love to have this program running, but I cannot. Please fix ASAP.

I am also having this issue. It's using 32GB of RAM. Bit harsh. You're supposed to be the chosen one MBAM, I've already been let down by CCleaner :(

why.png

Edited by Meza
Incorrect information

Malwarebytes, having to remote into work on my day off and remove your software to ensure my customers remain up and running.  This is completely unacceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also experiencing this.  Crashed half my system, and almost crashed WoW while I was healing a run.

Kept turning itself back on and crashing so I've just uninstalled for now.  This needs fixing ASAP.
Mbam.thumb.png.38a37c46670a2f0211c15349bc582068.png

Yep and Yep!  MBAM went Ape!  Shortly after 11am ET.  Every outbound  request was blocked.  It is now disabled on DT and Lappy till it finishes throwing up!  Wow!   Defender protect me if you can.............

Edited by f14tomcat

Same thing happening to me, memory over 10GB, web protection disabled, real time just disabled itself as well.  Computer crashed hard right before this too.

PC is completely fine when I close MBAM. Web protection was getting turned off and unable to be turned back on at startup. MBAM ate through 16gigs of my memory (all of it) before completely crashing PC.

I have the exact same issue, started just today. It is eating up 11 GB of my memory:

O2vKes7.png.ebcb16f53de90bdbe828986d4dc4b307.png

There are many other people experiencing the issue here as well: 

Edited by Yogovera

Registered an account to confirm this. This is freakin ridiculous. MB is suppose to protect our computers not kill them!

First was the shields issue, then definitions that crashed the program...and now this!? Out of all my protection systems I've tried, this has to be the one that always have the most problems.

Just disable the Malwarebytes Service in the meantime (Windows Key + R  => type "services.msc" => right click on malwarebytes service => properties => startup: disabled)

Edited by syntax53