giapet

Memory Leak? >5gb

Having the same problem.  My whole computer crashed, the kind of crash where it just goes to a black screen and your monitor says no input.  I had a message that web protection was turned off, but I tried to turn it on and it just said "starting" forever, then crashed.  :(

mine went crazy..i had lifetime premium..now it says free..no premium..what the hell is going on..is there a phone number i can call

Edited by falcon32

Same here, froze my computer and had to power cycle, screwing up several things, then watched it eating all the memory. Big fail on product testing! Unbelievable...

Same issue here.Was playing Forza Horizon 3 when it crashed. My memory usage was at 90% on a 64gb system, Malwarebytes taking up 39gb. Killed it and it would come back. Absolutely unacceptable behavior from a security app. Uninstalled it.

I noticed this happening on my computer aswell. I tried analyzing the program in resource monitor and it said 'application trying to finish network io'. So I tried pinging their keystone [license server] server. After trying to ping their license server and not getting a response (timeout 4 times in a row). I thought it was my computer, checked hosts and routes in system 32 but they were all clean. So Im guessing their license server is down which is clogging up our ram due to a bug. Lets hope they resolve this asap. Im so glad im not the only one having this issue :P

15 minutes ago, Laurieps said:

Having the same problem.  My whole computer crashed, the kind of crash where it just goes to a black screen and your monitor says no input.  I had a message that web protection was turned off, but I tried to turn it on and it just said "starting" forever, then crashed.  :(

Exactly same problem, my PC is crashing every time since 1-2 hours ago (windows 10) with last update.

I have malware byte's premium and when I disable this that my pc works fine.

Edited by LightBrokers

Yep my wife just had me come look at her PC crashing twice now. Same issue. Disabling Windows Service for the time being is enough. Same on a 2nd PC I have.

Edited by vistaer

43GB used here before I killed it. After restart, it takes off and has consumed over 15GB within 6-7 minutes. Running latest 3.3.1.2183 Premium.

mbam_mem_leak.JPG

Edited by redrock

Like the other users (none of whom seem to have revceived a response from MBAN) I have identical problem

Before the lights go out, I am up to 12 GB of memory on my 16GB machine

Knock on wood, I clicked on "Quit Malwarebytes" and I am now able to use my computer again

i just had to stop service. i love the program but this  is unacceptable. Only way i could get it to stop is power cycle the computer

Edited by falcon32

Same problem as everyone.

• System slowdown
  • Webprotection not starting
  • Excessive memory usage

Maybe related, yesterday clamav rolled out a broken signature (Vbs.Downloader.Generic-6431223-0), bringing down their (linux) scanner worldwide.

1 minute ago, cassiopeia said:

Same problem as everyone.

• System slowdown
  • Excessive memory usage

Maybe related, yesterday clamav rolled out a broken signature (Vbs.Downloader.Generic-6431223-0), bringing down their (linux) scanner worldwide.

Now thats interesting

Same problem with my Malwarebytes. Sucking up 95% of the 16GB of my system memory. First went to the support site and got a page that it was down for maintenance. Web protection shut off. When trying to turn it on it just says "starting...". Hopefully they didn't get hacked. 

MALWAREBYTES, PLEASE WEIGH IN ON THIS!

I support my family's computers and just heard from my mom on this.  While I was remoting her PC, my laptop started doing the same thing as everyone else that's posted.

Same here:

• System slowdown
  • Excessive memory usage

I killed it several times and had to kill the service...

Come on everyone. MB has been running perfectly for years now and of course this is a huge censored up but you shouldnt uninstall the best AV because of something like this. Its a bug within their program or an issue with their servers. Wait for them to fix this and dont give them additional stress. I am sure everyone who works in readiness is shitting their pants right now, trying to resolve this.

IF YOUR MB IS STILL RUNNING YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF ALL STARTUP OPTIONS UNDER SETTINGS TO PREVENT MEMORY LEAKS!

I singed up just to see what's happening with Malwarebytes, getting the same thing. Please fix this Malwarebytes!!!!

MB_memory.PNG