• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

DB.PNG

App.PNG

Head here for more info: 

Thanks,
Cecile

5 minutes ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

I attempted that, and at first I thought it had worked, as the real time protection showed it was enabled. Within 5 minutes though, it was again disabled.

I'm testing it on my desktop and for me it still works fine.

Well .. I also did regclean but I don't think it's needed since Malwarebytes cleaner edits the registry on its own.

Try to open "My Account" - if it will open without an error  (cannot connect to license server) go back to main window and try restart Malwarebytes.

Hmm ...  

I think the problem is caused by the Malwarebytes License Servers.

But I'm not yet sure.

----------------------------------------------

ps. seems like patch is released. Thank you Malwarebytes.

Edited by r05

29 minutes ago, celee said:

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

(SNIP)

Thanks,
Cecile

For those of us who uninstalled, will a fresh install jump straight to the correct update? Just want to make sure before I take the time. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

The fix worked OK on my Windows 10 box, and the memory consumption is under control on Windows 7, but the Web Protection will still not enable on Windows 7, either through the pop up or the protection tab of settings. Anyone else have this issue?

Same for me, I still do not have the web protection working.

15 minutes ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

The fix worked OK on my Windows 10 box, and the memory consumption is under control on Windows 7, but the Web Protection will still not enable on Windows 7, either through the pop up or the protection tab of settings. Anyone else have this issue?

did u manually turn web protection back on AFTER update

While I realise the inconvenience and even distress caused by this event to many,  I can't help but think that since this only came on earlier today presumably with an update, feedback here was addressed quickly and the thing fixed within hours.

Not too bad really.  There are a few other critical software vendors who wouldn't even get close to fixing a problem in that time.

Personally I'm impressed.

2 hours ago, falcon32 said:

once i did update had to manually turn web protection back on

I did but it woulnt work.
Now I waited a bit, unistalled, reinstalled and updated, seems to be working fine again :)

I gotta say even though this was a a really annoying issue, they reacted pretty quickly. Good point for them :)

• celee locked this topic