• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, BStudentCFA said:

Can anyone recommend an alternative product?

As a temporary measure if want to perform an immediate system check, do a search for Spybot Search & Destroy. It is a free malware checking program that I have used for years prior to buying the Premium version of MWB. It it is not as thorough as MWB, but it is better than nothing right now.

1 minute ago, Enderstar said:

Not really a solution. but found a 2.2.1 install i had. installed that and it scans fine. May not be helpful, but it's something i guess till a fix is out 

did it scan correctly before or after updating definitions to latest?

5 minutes ago, maze said:

It is mind boggling to me, that this well renowned company has managed to push out an untested update that essentially renders the entire product useless! 

What makes you think that they didn't test before release? It's reasonable to say that something has gone wrong, and leave it at that.

Just ran around and checked the 10 machines for friends and family that I maintain remotely, all of which run MWB Premium.

For some reason, two of the machines are still running 2.2 and have never automatically updated to v3, and they don't have a problem.

The rest of the machines are either 3.06 (and for some reason have not automatically updated to 3.1.2) or 3.1.2.1733, and all of these are exhibiting this symptom.  So it's not something unique to 3.1.2.1733 since it is also happening with 3.0.6.

Perhaps it's actually malware which has been based on a MWB 3+ vulnerability, but which was not in v2.

1 minute ago, islandstyle said:

FYI

Support Hours:
US - 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific (GMT-7), Monday - Friday
EMEA - 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (GMT +1), Monday - Friday

Current TIME 3:42 AM (PDT)
Friday, May 19, 2017 (PDT)

That hopefully doesn't apply in a disaster like this

Just now, Enderstar said:

It told me it was out of date. but still went ahead with a scan. so maybe it is just looking at older threats? not sure.. gonna try a couple other scan types an see what happens

if you update definitions, try a scan and see if it works, please let us know, i am curious