Beta - 3.0.6.1469/1.0.75

Sorry

Yes, it's real time protection not on and when I turn it on, it just sits at starting.

Yes, I have the newest installer on all my computers.

Very seldom happens BUT thought I would mention it.

Edited by jadinolf
Stupidity

To Electro300,

As to Kaspersky on your pc,    I believe there are 2 ways to set Kaspersky so that it has Malwarebytes in its trusted applications (whitelist).

The intent being to have your security software treat as a trusted application the folder   C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
(a)
Kaspersky's " Application Control Settings"
"change trust group for unknown applications 
add Malwarebytes

or ( B)
You do need to set exclusions in your security programs, including the firewall, to allow Malwarebytes.
These files, if listed, need to be allowed through.

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

have this page at Kaspersky open and handy for reference
http://support.kaspersky.com/12987

To bypass scanning of specific files or applications of Malwarebytes:

Open Settings in Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 by clicking the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the main window.

In the Settings window, go to the Additional section and select Threats and exclusions in the right frame.

In the Threats and Exclusions settings window, click the Manage exclusions link.
In the Exclusions window, click Add.

In the Add new exclusion window, click Browse. Select the folder with the file or enter the full path to the file from the keyboard.   ( the 5 files I cited above)

Click Select.

H T H

Edited by Maurice Naggar

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 8:42 AM, JohnBurns said:

Noticeable slowdown of pc with MBAM installed. 

I hold 2 lifetime licensess.  A couple of days ago I installed 3.0.6.1469 (not the beta) on my PC and my wife's.  Since then, both PC's are having the same problem, a 20% slowdown when running Acronis backup or CCleaner registry check for issues.  Other applications are sluggish but I can't tell how badly.  I have MS Defender turned off and no other antivirus programs installed.  Is there some parameter I can check (or uncheck) to speed things up? 

Edited by bmullin

37 minutes ago, bmullin said:

Upgrades.

Sometimes upgrades dont go so well. Be sure you have your key and go to my account and deactivate before doing this.

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Edited by Porthos

Done, on both PC's, no difference.  So . . . I experimented a bit and have found the problem!  Using "CCleaner/Registry/Scan for Issues" for testing, I turned different parameters off and on until I located the culprit!  With the "Enable self-protection module" off, Scan for Issues takes 6:43 seconds (sec:hundredths).  With the same module on, Scan for Issues takes 18:54 seconds.  These times were taken with a simple stop watch, so they could all be +/- 1 second, although I ran the tests a bunch of times and got comparable results to the above times every test!  No other parameters seemed to make any difference with this testing.

So I guess someone at MWB needs to take a look at the "Enable self-protection module" and find out why it's crippling both of my PC's, as well as many others I'd guess.  In the meantime, I'm keeping the parameter turned OFF!

Thanks, Bill

capture114.jpg.7d80c4f0e7d3f982dd48d0bc4066625c.jpg

Edited by bmullin