MBAE 1.08 Beta Preview

pbust

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed over the top yesterday -- everything was fine until I truned on computer today, and MBAE seesm to be gone.  However, if I click on it through  Start, it says that it's running

I have seen this behaviour with XP for as long as I have been running MBAE.  The system tray icon of mbae.exe can fail to show.  At other times, mbae-svc.exe fails to start.  I put a command to run the MBAE service in my startup folder.  Problem solved.  Waiting 30 seconds before clicking at logon also helps.

I just installed the latest Bèta over 1.07 premium and so far no issues here. All my custom shields are preserved and installing on top of the old final version went without any issues :)

I feel sorry for not entering Bèta testing of the new version before but I just didn't have the time to join in. If any bugs appear I'll report back rightaway

Struggle is an understatement to 1044..

Many over the tops, forced reboots, uninstall/reinstall, msconfig, restart, fine tuning of AV all to no effect..

When giving up and tried to go back for 1043 over the top, install gave error for a forced restart and this finally
settled it..

Unsure, whether today's Win 10 update, just after 1044 was setup, has anything
to do with the Struggle to 1044..

However other problems remain viz., disapperaing UI at times (only reboot bringing it back), skipping protection
alerts/logs (though it's ok in Process explorer), Teamviewer (teamviewer.exe) though shielded it's
service at sartup Teamviwer_service is not covered (undecided whether need a
separate shield for this too)..

Actually it wasn't a multi-upgrade, since on boot-up found mbae.exe only riunning (no icon in systray, no run of mbae64,exe, mbae-svc.exe).. So killed mbae.exe and went for over the top to go back to 1043, during installation was alerted abt incomplete prev. activity and for RESTARTing windows (akin to alert for multi-grade in same session), which was really puzzling and did the re-start of windows, which surprisingly brought up 1044 running..

Don't know what caused the hiccup?

Must say, after this 1044 upgrade, icon disapperaing from systray, protection logs/alerts skipping instances r on the rise and a bit of concern.

• Staff

It probably has more to do with the number of recent beta releases and too many upgrades.

As for the protection balloon notification check that the process is not running in the background. For ex Chrome will continue running in the background even if you close the visible window. That's why when you open it again you might not see a protection balloon notification.

Whwn in doubt, I do check up with Process explorer, to calm myself.

Nowadays I rarely use Chrome and more of Slimjet which is fast (than all other browsers)..

So, if irritants r due to many upgrades, will a uninstall and reinstall to latest put an end to it? Tks..

For the past 3-4 boots, no alert/logs for startup item - Eagleget, download manager, though it is OK in process explorer (mbae.dll).. it was OK in all old builds and is unique only to 1044..

Alerts/logs r OK for other apps launched/run subsequently (though at times the alert is even delayed by 5 mts, from log time).. To quote, open browser, do a quick browse, close and sometime after browser is closed, get alert that the browser is protected (when it is no longer running and log shows protection had started much earlier abt . 5 mts before balloon/alert)..

So, though protection is OK, it is the UI which is erratic..

Installed 1044 on top of 1040, which had been working ok. Firefox crashed during 1044 install. Restarted Firefox after 1044 install and browser was very sluggish and unresponsive. Rebooted system and everything works normally without any slow response. So in-place upgrade may not always be appropriate.

Key system specs: Win 7 SP1 64-bit latest patches, Firefox 41.0.2, KIS 16.0.0.614©.