Malwarebytes 5.0.12.72 upgrade and multiple restarts.

brad03

31 minutes ago, FetzBox22 said:

I can not get this version... maybe, after your post they stopped it.

Do you have Beta-Updates enabled?

yes i have the beta updates on but version no longer reports it's a beta. I'm just reporting that it took multiple updates and restarts for it to update.

13 minutes ago, unknownguy said:

They release unstable development releases in Beta Updates. They said to not enable this.

I get that but I’m on a test machine and like to help work out bugs when I can. Me enabling beta updates was intentional I am aware of the risks for research :). I have been testing Malwarebytes 5.0 betas since first release to only a set of users. 

Edited by brad03
  • Like 2

• Staff

@brad03 As we re-enabled the split channels for "Release" and "Beta", and because you already had "Beta updates" enabled, you got incrementally updated multiple times.

You should be on 5.0.12.72 now, and this shouldn't happen going forward. But if by some chance it does, please let us know :D 

Edited by icolcear
  • Like 1

I tried to update my two laptops--one is on Win10 and the other on Win11.  Both took multiple attempts to get it on.  After the first attempt on both, all that had changed was that the  Beta had disappeared from the heading.   Further attempts were necessary to get 5.0.12.78--even rebooted both to see if that would help.  Tried to upload one log and it exceeds the allowed limit!   I have loaded them both to my BT Cloud instead.

@icolcear

I will send the link by private message--let me know when you have them please.

Edit:- Don't know if the message went or not, so have put in this Word doc.  

IMG_3060.JPG

Link.docx

Edited by RTL434
Sending link by Word Doc.

• Staff

We are actively investigating the update issues, and have pushed a hotfix to Beta channel.

The version you should be seeing is 5.0.12.72.

Please check for updates and confirm if this is the case.

Also, if any of you somehow see 5.0.12.78 as your version number after checking for updates, please let us know, and if you can, please gather some logs and send them to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

6 hours ago, icolcear said:

@brad03 As we re-enabled the split channels for "Release" and "Beta", and because you already had "Beta updates" enabled, you got incrementally updated multiple times.

You should be on 5.0.12.72 now, and this shouldn't happen going forward. But if by some chance it does, please let us know :D 

Just sent PM i'm still stuck in having to restart every update. 

Ok. What am I missing here. I've been a Beta tester from the beginning but am still on 5.0.12.68. I have the beta upgrade turned on. I tried a manual update and it started but stopped. I got the "check trusted advisor" notification. Everything froze and I did a PC restart. Now it's just sitting on the .68 version. BETA has disappeared from the home page but I don't seem to be getting the .72 version???

image.png.f2876fb0cf3bc51391b6d7ab42b0a08b.png

That's not exactly what I'm showing: image.png.20284e2bfbaec823d57fb5690b878080.png

Should I be concerned I'm not getting the .72 showing or the version 1034?

Disregard this post. I went back to try another manual update and it said an update was already running. When I checked a few minutes later, I got the .72 and .1034 version showing. Everything seems to be okay now.

image.png.2412ac7ac0523660a82808b16a2d5eed.png

Edited by Phxflyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phxflyer said:

Disregard this post. I went back to try another manual update and it said an update was already running. When I checked a few minutes later, I got the .72 and .1034 version showing. Everything seems to be okay now.

This was my issue too. It was already an update running but somehow it didn't update.

Mine still says 5.0.12.68 after the latest Check for updates.  (Beta updates setting is off.)

image.png.83a9fbc37779d14ccf39c2bb8a314c1d.png

Downloaded the latest version from  and it has the following details but it still installed 5.0.12.68

image.png.f82102296bb7c1408ebbe7a8142204c7.png

What should I do to upgrade?

Edited by John A

9 hours ago, John A said:

What should I do to upgrade?

enable Beta updates

image.png.c65a51b2d24aa144069926ea18623e8b.png

This is a "Beta" and you are on the "Release"-Channel (it still confuses me >>> I gues we are getting closer to release )

On 9/29/2023 at 10:23 AM, icolcear said:

As we re-enabled the split channels for "Release" and "Beta",

Edited by FetzBox22
I guess...
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, FetzBox22 said:

This is a "Beta" and you are on the "Release"-Channel (it still confuses me >>> I gues we are getting closer to release )

Confuses me too. Is at the moment 5.0.12.72 is the Release version and Bèta version the same? I have Bèta enabled and have version 5.0.12.72 without the bèta word.