Malwarebytes Beta 5.0.10.63 is available!

• Staff

Hello everyone!

We have released a new update to MB5 Beta.
As always, thank you for all the great feedback you continuously provide, we really appreciate it!
Please check the list below, and let us know if you can confirm the fixes.

Edit: We have pushed out a hotfix for the connectivity related issues affecting Security Advisor.

As always, you can get the MB5 Beta installer from this thread: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/292760-malwarebytes-5-beta-is-now-available/

New feature:

• Added Scan New Downloads Notification and Setting under Settings->Notifications->”Get reminded to run a scan when new files or programs are downloaded”

Bug fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash caused by removing items from Allow List

• Fixed several related crashes, caused by removing Scan Reports

• Fixed a bug where the Scan Scheduler TimePicker would not respect the time format set in Windows.

Edited by icolcear
  • Like 5

I was just about to post this also. I am connected to the internet but am getting the same message (in English). It just started about the time the last .63 update occured.

I rebooted and this did not fix the issue.

Edited by Phxflyer
added the reboot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Staff

Our initial evaluation of this problem is that a backend service is not available or responding as expected.  The error message is not worded very well.  Obviously you have internet access, but getting information back from the Malwarebytes cloud service is failing.  

This is why we have beta programs, to find these issues and fix them, so thank you.  Pretty much everyone internally saw this within the last hour as well.

Again, our apologies.  But thank you for the prompt and clear reports!   Very grateful.

On 7/21/2023 at 11:22 PM, SirPercy said:

Have just updated and initially I had the same issue but I closed the app down, restarted it and the issue cleared.

Same experience here. However the err msg "No internet connexion" came back in the dashboard after some time..

Edited by milsabords

4 hours ago, icolcear said:

Update: A temporary workaround for this issue, is turning off "Enable self-protection module" in General Settings, and restarting MB5. We will be working on a proper fix. Thank you all for your help on this.

yes this fix, but i whait new update

Just installed Beta 5.0.10.63 on W10, tested under normal use. All good.

Uninstalled 5 and reinstalled 4.5, no issues.

Good to see the date displays correctly for region.

One question - I have a Lifetime license, there is no way of entering that on the Beta, I assume that the release version will have that activation option?

In my test of MB5, I did successfully activate it using email/password. 

I just checked my account - my lifetime licenses are already registered there.

I need to understand how registration works with MB5.  If I activate with email/password, does it just pick any of my unused licences to activate?  (With MB4 and earlier, I could nominate which license to use in activation).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cchilderhose said:

I think there is an update bug now after the update to fix the internet connection message.

Update just came through but has been a persistent issue with 5,0 beta databases being delayed. Not sure why.