Why the Malwarebytes App Downgraded?

You also have a good chance  that your Windows installation is broken... You are playing with the registry editor, the shortest way to destroy your Windows in a matter of time.🤔

Edited by SPDIF

Well, clearly it is only on your computer, no one else has problems with this... Its the first time i hear downgrade by a new setup. Stop your programs and just only download from Malwarebytes directly. Or just let Malwarebytes update itself. Here all updates are working every day and for all my clients in my shop. No complains about downgrading until now.

I just did download an online and an offline installer from Malwarebytes server directly. Both options give me version 4.5.27... Nothing wrong, its your programs that are downgrading. Do not use your programs anymore, and download from Malwarebytes server only.

Edited by SPDIF

• Administrators

Hey everyone. We're currently testing a few things with our 4.5.24 and 4.5.27 builds and the experience you're seeing here is expected. 

As of late Thursday (Apr 27) and still today, what's being served up by malwarebytes.com and our support tool is version 4.5.24 and this will not upgrade past this version (for now). Prior to that, it was version 4.5.27.

Both versions get regular definition updates and you'll remain protected.

• Thanks 1

Hello @msherwood:

That is more than a one version fallback. Is the fallback to v4.5.24 due to a regression (or similar)?

Should the use of any version beyond v4.5.24 be temporarily suspended? Is the recommendation & use of the off-line installer still viable?

Thank you, Michael.

5 hours ago, msherwood said:

... the experience you're seeing here is expected.

Not by the end user.

No announcement was made on the forum on this unusual event.

It is the customer's expectation that should carry the priority and the directed POV.

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @msherwood:

That is more than a one version fallback. Is the fallback to v4.5.24 due to a regression (or similar)?

Should the use of any version beyond v4.5.24 be temporarily suspended? Is the recommendation & use of the off-line installer still viable?

Thank you, Michael.

We're seeing some issues with our notification system and mostly for trial users and marketing messages. We targeted this build to rule out a variety of changes we made related to these issues. We also pushed this build for new users / installs to help accelerate our learnings. It will remain up on our site for at least the next few days as we continue to troubleshoot.

You can safely use the versions higher than 4.5.24. :)

• Thanks 2

The same thing happened to me on both of my computers. I have a registered lifetime license for both computers.

I had 4.5.27 before I tried to update, the update package says version 4.5.28.336. Actual version after update downgraded to version 4.5.24.248

I uninstalled Malwarebytes then reinstalled it same thing.

PLEASE fix your UPGRADE BUG!

11 minutes ago, brandonwanhuansheng said:

look like it cause my winget manifest to revert the change

Winget can only get what Malwarebytes is providing which is 4.5.24.248. This is planned for now.

12 minutes ago, brandonwanhuansheng said:

Also, it might be a malware disturbing the Malwarebytes online setup file.. 

There is no malware issue. The company is doing it on purpose. READ the posts in this topic.