Freezing/stuttering issue

Wow yes same here! CPU usage was constantly like 10%. The I reboot it is ok for about 5 min. The audio stutters start happening again and cpu usage seems to start to rise. I used altency monitory and it was constantly at 11,000+ us then I close out malware bytes and immediately it goes to 56us in latency. Oh man. I am sorry, but I haev tos top using malware bytes until this is fixed (I have the premium version if that makes a difference).

malware bytes slow.png

mbst-grab-results.zip

That is odd, I suspect something odd is happening with the WFP driver used by Web Protection (mwac.sys), as it shows the highest DPC hits coming from the NDIS filter driver (refer to this Microsoft document for more info, but basically the WFP driver used by Web Protection likely works through NDIS if I understand the documentation correctly).

• Root Admin

Hello @fac7orx

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not. Please ensure you restart the computer 2 times.

If it does not then please run the MBST tool again, but this time gather new fresh updated logs and post them back.

Thanks

Hi @fac7orx,

Could you confirm if this still occurs for you with component package 1.0.889?

If it does, please provide more details on what activities you're performing that trigger the issue.
Does it occur randomly, immediately after startup, only when using a certain program, etc?

If you can consistently reproduce this behaviour, please carry out the steps in the following post: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/259182-slow-dns/?do=findComment&comment=1377846

I uninstalled malware bytes using the tool and then installed it again and ensured I was on the latest update. I watched youtube videos adn played a video game to ensure altency didn't go to 11,000 again, and it seemed to work. May latency times did not increase as of the time of this post. I am going to keep an eye on it though.

So, basically, so far so good seems ok. Highest latency I was was around 472 so far. Before it was peaking at 11,000us

lat monitoring.png

malware bytes version.png

Sorry about the amount of replies can't seem to edit posts? 

just wanted to add that cpu is idling rather high as well in addition to the page faults.

649209051_malwarebytesidle.thumb.png.6ae1a6c7d23cd17fbdaa31e5d90cab38.png

I am not exactly 100% sure whatever was changed is entirely fixed due to cpu usage and page faults recorded, but so far latency seems better.