Malwarebytes 3.2.2 web protection wont turn or stay on

Same here. Started today, no less. I've restarted the computer a few times and the program too. I also tried the old fix of enabling Self-Protection Module and such but to no avail. Would re-installing the program wipe the configurations too? Because I'd rather it didn't.

And as if everything decided to mess with me today, AVG Internet Security now reports it'd conflict with Malwarebytes after the latest update. Another problem and not related to Malwarebytes but..Jesus. H. Christ. :angry:

Edited by DeStroYeR

On 16/10/2017 at 6:21 PM, dcollins said:

We believe we have identified the cause of this issue and a solution should be available in an upcoming update. As of now, the best workaround is to entirely restart Malwarebytes or restart the computer

i used Mbam Clean tool and reinstalling MBAM latest version seems to work.

Just wanted to say that I'm having the same problem.  My Malware Protection is off, and I can't get it to stay on.  My ransomware protection, however, appears to be on, along with everything else.  It worked fine this morning.  I noticed this afternoon that the scan was taking longer to finish then normal, and right after that, my Malware protection turned off.  I know this has happened with MB once or twice before.  I hope you will fix the problem soon because I don't feel safe on the Net with just Windows Defender to protect my computer. 

4 hours ago, Waf said:

tried everything but still web protection not starting

Let us get a clean install of the current version.

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you including backing up your key and reactivating.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

On 10/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, nikhils said:

Can you try this:

1. Right click on the Malwarebytes System tray icon and choose "Quit Malwarebytes"

2. After a few minutes double click on the desktop shortcut to launch Malwarebytes again.

Does that make any difference?

It turns back off after a minute or so.

Yup me too, web protection works for 5 minutes then gone. Restart doesn't fix it, driving me crazy. Can't rely on it.  Also, on my system Malwarebytes sometimes becomes un activated and I have to put the serial in again.   In this state the program is totally unreliable.  This happened to me once before and the problem was that I didn't have the latest version of the program despite using "update" in Malwarebytes. This time I have checked and I believe I have the latest version 3.2.2.2018. I shouldn't have to go through the process of running MBClean everytime..it's all too time consuming.

Edited by Silverhammernz

Couple of things can be done if the Web protection is not starting:

1. Reboot your machine.
OR
2. Right click on the Malwarebytes system tray icon and click on "Quit Malwarebytes" and double click on the desktop shortcut to start the program again.

We are aware of an issue with Web protection failing or not starting correctly and our next program update should fix that issue.