Malwarebytes 3.0 Issues

I just experienced exactly what you guys have on my Windows 7 64 bit system.  I am a new (paid) user of Malwarebytes, but have completely uninstalled it (I think!).  My life and my small business revolve around my laptop, so I'm not going to reinstall MWB until I KNOW this won't happen again!  The only other protection I have at this time is MS Security Essentials.  I think I'll look into Adguard, as you mentioned.  Thank you!

Edited by Texas1836

1 hour ago, Texas1836 said:

I just experienced exactly what you guys have on my Windows 7 64 bit system.  I am a new (paid) user of Malwarebytes, but have completely uninstalled it (I think!).  My life and my small business revolve around my laptop, so I'm not going to reinstall MWB until I KNOW this won't happen again!  The only other protection I have at this time is MS Security Essentials.  I think I'll look into Adguard, as you mentioned.  Thank you!

The above posts are old and have nothing to do with the current MB 3.2.2. The user lock always has something negative to say about anything MB.

1 hour ago, Texas1836 said:

so I'm not going to reinstall MWB until I KNOW this won't happen again!

Any program can have issues not just MB.

If you have the time we could gather some diagnostic logs from your system and what might have gone wrong with your installation.

Please inform us if you are willing to do that.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The above posts are old and have nothing to do with the current MB 3.2.2. The user lock always has something negative to say about anything MB.

Any program can have issues not just MB.

If you have the time we could gather some diagnostic logs from your system and what might have gone wrong with your installation.

Please inform us if you are willing to do that.

Sure, what do you need from me?  Since that post, I have installed Adguard and MWB 2.2.1 - Thank you!

Edited by Texas1836

1 minute ago, Texas1836 said:

Sure, what do you need from me?  Thank you!

·  Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs

1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  3. Press the "Scan" button
  4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions

·  Create and obtain an mb-check log

1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
  3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions

2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

mb-check-results.zip

35 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I just looking for something to stick out. I see you are on Ver 2 right now. 

Most people have issues with the upgrade compared to a full clean install.  But if the computer is mission critical it would be best to have an image backup just in case.

I will alert some staff to look at things and see if they can see anything that would have caused you issues the last time you upgraded.

@dcollins@nikhils  It is the weekend so be patient.

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I just looking for something to stick out. I see you are on Ver 2 right now. 

Most people have issues with the upgrade compared to a full clean install.  But if the computer is mission critical it would be best to have an image backup just in case.

I will alert some staff to look at things and see if they can see anything that would have caused you issues the last time you upgraded.

@dcollins@nikhils  It is the weekend so be patient.

I'm up and running great for now.  No rush.  I'll stick to 2.2.1 until I know more.  Thank you!!!!!

What version of Malwarebytes 3 did you try and had these issues with?  Was it the latest (3.2) version?  I ask because there are fixes specifically for known performance issues as well as compatibility issues with Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 x64 (which I myself am currently using on my own system) and they were all resolved for me with 3.2.

24 minutes ago, exile360 said:

What version of Malwarebytes 3 did you try and had these issues with?  Was it the latest (3.2) version?  I ask because there are fixes specifically for known performance issues as well as compatibility issues with Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 x64 (which I myself am currently using on my own system) and they were all resolved for me with 3.2.

I assume it was the most current - I downloaded it on August 25.  

• Root Admin

Hello @Texas1836

I'm sorry, maybe I missed it. What specific issue are you having or were having with Malwarebytes? The logs show that the computer has some issues and had ton of items in Quarantine before. Indicating that the computer was probably infected at some point.

If you like I can assist you in cleaning up your computer and trying to correct some of these errors in the Event Logs. But, first I'd like to know more specifically what issue you were having. The current installation is a 2.x in Free mode. Which means there are not loaded protection modules, i.e. it will not stop or prevent any infections and only works as an after the fact cleanup tool.

==================== Event log errors: =========================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (09/09/2017 03:05:30 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (EventID: 1002) (User: )
Description: The program CCleaner64.exe version 5.33.0.6162 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 12d4

Start Time: 01d32940d110713c

Termination Time: 15

Application Path: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe

Report Id: a16a015b-9535-11e7-8b66-28c2dd9cd172

Error: (09/09/2017 03:02:12 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 485) (User: )
Description: taskhost (1668) WebCacheLocal: An attempt to delete the file "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01tmp.log" failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ".  The delete file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Error: (09/09/2017 03:02:00 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 455) (User: )
Description: taskhost (1668) WebCacheLocal: Error -1032 (0xfffffbf8) occurred while opening logfile C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log.

Error: (09/09/2017 03:02:00 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 489) (User: )
Description: taskhost (1668) WebCacheLocal: An attempt to open the file "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" for read only access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ".  The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Error: (09/09/2017 03:01:50 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 455) (User: )
Description: taskhost (1668) WebCacheLocal: Error -1032 (0xfffffbf8) occurred while opening logfile C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log.

Error: (09/09/2017 03:01:50 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 489) (User: )
Description: taskhost (1668) WebCacheLocal: An attempt to open the file "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" for read only access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ".  The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Error: (09/09/2017 03:01:40 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 455) (User: )

Error: (09/09/2017 03:01:40 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 489) (User: )

Error: (09/09/2017 03:01:30 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 455) (User: )

Error: (09/09/2017 03:01:30 AM) (Source: ESENT) (EventID: 489) (User: )

System errors:
=============
Error: (09/09/2017 02:49:44 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10016) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
 and APPID 
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:49:26 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The Garmin Device Interaction Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:49:26 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Garmin Device Interaction Service service to connect.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:48:48 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The DbxSvc service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:48:48 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the DbxSvc service to connect.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:47:23 AM) (Source: EventLog) (EventID: 6008) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 2:46:12 AM on ‎9/‎9/‎2017 was unexpected.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:25:37 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2310138 (Definition 1.251.699.0).

Error: (09/09/2017 02:25:37 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (EventID: 2001) (User: )
Description: Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures.

New Signature Version: 

Previous Signature Version: 1.251.678.0

Update Source: Microsoft Update Server

Update Stage: Install

Source Path: http://www.microsoft.com

Signature Type: AntiVirus

Update Type: Full

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Current Engine Version: 

Previous Engine Version: 1.1.14104.0

Error code: 0x80070643

Error description: Fatal error during installation.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:19:05 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7022) (User: )
Description: The Windows Update service hung on starting.

Error: (09/09/2017 02:13:47 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10016) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
 and APPID 
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Let me know if you'd like some help in getting the computer cleaned up and Malwarebytes 3 working properly.

Thank you

Ron