BAD salesman

ok thankx

Is there any way one of your employees can look at my computer just in case?

I'm not computer literate.

I can also afford no product.

I've had this computer for 3 months but I've only recently connected it and have been using it for 3 weeks.

ok thankx

Is there any way one of your employees can look at my computer just in case?

I'm not computer literate.

I can also afford no product.

I've had this computer for 3 months but I've only recently connected it and have been using it for 3 weeks.

Hi Aubery <_< . GT500 is willing to help:

If you would like, contact me in a private message on these forums, and we can go through the process of making sure that they did not install anything bad on your computer while they were working on it. I will walk you through using free utilities to gather logs and send them to me for analysis. These utilities will be the same ones used by security experts around the world.

• 3 weeks later...

A client of mine (home computer user) called me this morning; Bryan Smith from 1800-698-9034 called to say her computer needed help and he was going o 'fix it'.

Concerned she later called me to ask about it. I told her it was likely a scam and I would investigate hence my finding this forum thread.

She's not going to bite on the offer, nor reveal any access or information, and in fact ask the called to remove her from his call list,

In the end, the folks who granted access might just come away with some cleaned up Registry Entries, (and perhaps no other trouble) but each testimonial sounds like a shill. At least to me.

berk

• 10 months later...

hehe I know. I'm in touch with a UK reporter, who is looking for the name of the company that appears on the victims bill, so he can move forward (thread may be a year old, but the scam is very much alive, and is getting more and more frequent).

hehe I know. I'm in touch with a UK reporter, who is looking for the name of the company that appears on the victims bill, so he can move forward (thread may be a year old, but the scam is very much alive, and is getting more and more frequent).

That's disgusting. I hope you can help get these guys put out of business.

Cheers :D

I've been continuing to monitor for new company names and websites, and shutting them down where possible (i.e. the most recent one I blogged about, metsupport.com, which I had shut down thanks to a contact at 1 & 1).

This makes me sooooo mad malwarebytes is awesome at its job at removing malware and preveting it in the pro version and the surport you get i just dont know how people can do this and sleep at night knowing that they are scamming people

Money - Money - That is all they worry about -

Soon they will find they are found out -

I just checked the Australian number and it has been unused for 1 or 2 years -

The internet can be used to find these people if we all just keep looking -

EDIT -

Please note that there are some people who do work via Cross Loop (Company name) internet connection to remotely repair your system -

These are genuine people and will not contact you first - You must ask for help from them -

We have resellers that work in this way and are very decent people - I will not mention any names , but I know of at least one on this forum who is an Hon Member and has had links here for quite a while -