Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

It seems that no matter what I do, eventually one of my protection settings will turn off and won't start. I re-installed 3 times already, and it only temporarily fixed it. Eventually, the issue comes back. Sometimes it's web protection that won't turn on, sometimes it's exploit protection, and so on. I've looked at the malwarebytes FAQ, but apparently they're claiming this issue is only for the 3.0.6 version, even though I have the 3.2.1 version. https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2734677-malwarebytes-3-0-real-time-protection-layer-turning-off-?b_id=15026

Edited by shaffyx

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has also started to me, literally this morning on v3.1.2.  Web protection is turned off regardless of reboot or app exit and when toggled just gets stuck in "starting" and never actually starts. Malware Protection also seems to turn off randomly.

Also I just tried to run a threat scan which usually takes 10 mins. It stops after 6 seconds (literally after checking for updates) so the app isn't even scanning.

So, yes, my voice added to this.

Edited by RC13047

Me too!  After major problems on previous install making version 3 unuseable, I went back to version 2 last year and monitored the forum. When i saw that a new version 3.1.2 was released I relented and installed it a few days ago. Now I'm getting this problem of protection settings turning off and won't start (just says "Starting" all the time) Why oh why did I not just stick with the version that works...  version 2.

Joined up to report latest update has made web protection layer unstartable on all my computers using latest version (NOT BETA) off the web site and i am a paying customer

I was using 3.0.6 but its the same in 3.1.2 i jsut installed  i have not tried any betas yet

was all ok yesterday

Edited by madusmacus

Same here wtf is going on with this bs?  I've been a long time supporter for 8+ years but this is ridiculous.  3.0.6 always bugged out intermittently when starting windows.  Not all services would start..  web or exploit would be in limbo "starting".  No settings would help.  Restarts sometimes hit or miss.  Started to bug out and no settings combo would fix it.  self protection on or off.. delay start, nothing.  Stuck at starting.  Update to 3.1.2 now  and it all turned on for 5 min then a popup that crap is turned off again.  Cannot turn it on.  I'm sick of this crap MB.  Seriously guys.

Edited by SpacePickle

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that it isn't a widespread problem, and that it must be an issue on your PC, despite tons of threads in these forums which demonstrate otherwise.

They'll demand you post logs and then tell you to uninstall MWB and reinstall it.

Bottom line is that they broke it with the release of V3, and are clearly unable to fix it.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!! Same thing now happening to me as well.  I thought 3.1 was  going to be good.  Started out that way.  Now, after only two days, Web Protection is OFF and won't turn ON and it won't Scan as well.  Starts and then immediately stops.  Apparently, this is a MB program wide problem and not individual PCs.  PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!!!!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  Also seeing this despite a couple of uninstall / clean installs.  Around 15 mins ago the Web Protection turned off and would not restart.  I have just closed Malwarebytes and restarted it and almost immediately both Web Protection and Malware Protection turned off.  Malware Protection I am able to restart but Web Protection just sits there with 'Starting' shown; it never starts.

Edited by Skier

Heartened to see it is not just me - have done everything that was suggested on support pages to no avail - reinstalled several times. Happpened literally half an hour ago - also noticed I cannot scan files also. Very worrying.

Edited by KB_nz

If you cant trust MB to be doing its job anymore and nothing is being done whats the point.  I need to feel warm and fuzzy like MB has my back. 

...and I don't anymore.

I have MB so I am secure, not even more paranoid tat it's going to turn off and not start at its leisure.